A couple of issues

• 9 Replies

Bobapett

« on: August 31, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »
1.  I experience bad stuttering during play every few days, even in offline mode, and need to reboot my Xbox to fix.  It seems to be some sort of build up, that rebooting appears to refresh?

2.  Today, through multiple rounds, I had very inconsistent power on swings.  the same swing would produce 100% one swing, 91% the next. Especially off the tee, it seemed, although it happened everywhere on the course.  It was very frustrating, costing me at least 10-12 shots in a tournament (multiple shots intended for 100% went 91% and into water - ugh).  I never had this power issue before today. 

Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

Bobapett

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »
OK, so I played a non-tournament round today, and had no swing power issues.  Played a round in a tournament, and had the same power issues again.   :-\

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
Boba - that build up is likely a memory leak, which will be fixed in the first patch.  Does the swing power thing seem to be tied to that?

Bobapett

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »

Thanks for responding.  Makes sense about the memory leak - thanks!

Does the swing power thing seem to be tied to that?

No, it's weird - I rebooted the XB, and played one non-tournament round to check the swing power.  It played fine, so I played a tournament round, and the same problem happened again.  I have played other tournaments before this weekend, and did not have this problem. 

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:50:23 AM »
Ok...I will add this to the list to look at.

Bobapett

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
Thanks Lorin.  I tried some different things this morning to test what was happening, and it looks like it might be the memory leak problem after all? 

The first thing I did was to resume my tournament.  I was still getting inconsistent swing power - in fact, I was lucky to get 100% at all.  I then started a non-tournament round on the same course, and experienced the same issue.  So then I put the game in offline mode, and went to the course creator to create a one hole course to test my swing on.  The game froze on the course creator, so I closed it, and rebooted the console.  After reboot, the creator worked fine, and I was able to swing a consistent 100% on my one-hole created course.  I then went back online, and resumed my non-tournament round, and again was able to swing 100% consistently - although I only tested for a few holes.  I did not have time to test a tournament round.

The weird thing about all of this, is that I had rebooted my console the other day, and had only played one round before going to a tournament.  Is there anything about playing in a tournament that could slow things down?  Maybe it was a busy weekend?

Anyway, I think I will need to reboot my console every time I play, until the patch comes out.  :-[

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:48 AM »
We are having issues with button mashing effecting the game, and the seem to effect it more in tournaments for some reason...if that helps.

Bobapett

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »
OK, good to know Lorin, thanks!  Has the XB1 patch been submitted to MS yet?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
Not yet. We expect to in the next couple of days.

Bobapett

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »
Thanks for the info!!!

space-cash