More sculpting issues....

• 8 Replies

bilbosmeggins

« on: August 25, 2014, 08:28:11 AM »
Trying to sculpt the landscape is proving torturously difficult.  Ignoring the towering cliffs graphics glitch, I'm having major difficulties in raising and lowering with the flattening tool within the Edit Hole section.  I've been working on one or two island holes in relatively shallow water, and just wanted to extend the land out to make a natural bridge a couple of yards or so wide.  Using the flattening tool with the appropriate brush and the land comes up in peaks.  When I then change the brush to iron out some of the peaks using the Flatten - Lower option the peaks get even bigger, in spite of the data elevation read out showing that it is lowering.  In the end, what should be 2 minutes of quick work turns out to be 45 minutes of frustration, to the point where I think sod it, and just plunge the whole lot 50 metres below water level and build a bridge instead.  Thing is, a bridge isn't what was wanted in the first place, as a nice, natural walkway would have been so much better.

It's definitely a bug, as the data reads one way, and the results in the total opposite direction.

PGAGolfCoach

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »
This is how it's always been even on PC.
I agree a bit annoying. But if you just press b (back) after you applied the first flatten. Then the double raise you see goes away. (Ie it's a preview... Just don't apply.
You get handy at actually just lowering it back on the fly without doing the above..as you do it more...

But just press b .. ( exit the brushes tool) ..- ( then go back in and reselect the brush and the preview will be as you wanted .. Flatten more from there. Is at right height now )

Again agreed. I wish it didn't do this.. But I believe this was intentional for some reason.

Not a perfect solution.. But hopefully some help.

Honestly , I've gone back to the PC.. Until this is fixed.
Love playing the game on xbox as for me much smoother.
But designing in detail , next to impossible with the blocky thing..anyway.. So until that's fixed.. It's not worth designing on the xbox.   

There is a notice that this fix is coming soon- just has to go through xbox certification process (the patch)

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
I wish it was a preview.  No, the results were permanent.  The only thing that does go away is the graphical glitch.  I was trying to lower the terrain using the Flatten option, and was doing it, or trying to, in small half-metre steps, but every time I pulled away to see my work (even after exiting brush mode) the spires and peaks had grown.  It reached a point, if you'll pardon the pun, that I had a precipice about 6 metres high that a rock-climber would have had difficulty in scaling.  And this was trying to lower the terrain.  Data readout indicated lowering, but results were somewhat contradictory  :o 

Jaks53

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »
I've got the same issue with sculpting the land and bunkers. Try to raise or lower and the tool you select gets surrounded by peaks and blocks which change height and position making it almost impossible to do a creditable editing job on whatever part of the course you're trying to change. Please please fix this.

PGAGolfCoach

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:03:43 AM »
Hey guys , don't know if you got to fool around with this on PC.
But basically,, works great (I have both PC n xbox)

Until the patch.. Sculpting on xbox is a no go.. Primarily due to the blocky spike.

Once this is fixed... (And it will be in first patch due in next week or so) ,
You'll love the sculpting .  Really easy, really good .. On PC

So once it is the same .. (Which it will be soon) .. Sculpting will be great! :)

Having played on both platforms... I can honestly say :
I wouldn't start doing to much.. Course creating, apart from experimenting with the other tools. Until the patch comes.  Just my opinion. N help if ur new to the creator.
And have not tried on PC.

Ie: couple weeks final result will be like the PC. (Sculpting) , and having lot if experience with that, can confirm it's a great tool.. N will be great on xbox. :)

Aresnine

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 02:20:12 AM »
Can't wait till the Patch.  Hopefully this isn't off topic but is the water at 0 height?  If it is available I haven't see it but would be nice to see the absolute height of the land.   When I am raising and lowering the land I believe that the height that is showing is the amount shown you are raising and lowering the land not the actual height of the land assuming that water is at 0.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 03:30:05 AM »
Im suprised HB released it in that state for the xbox one,waited long enough for game another couple of weeks to sort it out rather it have been that way,trying to do Sawgrass on xbox one has been a real pain with all the jagged edges,Been trying to do the par3 13th now for days just cant get green to blend with water at right level think i might give up to patch arrives

Aresnine

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
One thing that I would like to see is an indicator showing the actual height of the land.  If would be helpful knowing how far you have to raise or lower the land to have water show.  Probably best to design from the water up.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »
Yep 100% agree,ps4 working version so much better,

space-cash