PS4 Created Course Thread

• 602 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #570 on: June 16, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »
Its your lucky day, guys!  I just published Cross Valley Country Club (M).

In the shadows of the big news of TGC2 (!!!!), Im posting this in hopes some will see it and give it a play.  This is a 10 out of 10 guys, an 11 if you could rate higher, Doc! (haha).  By far my best effort, so if you played any of my other courses (Links of Augustus, Eagle Lake or Pine Ridge) and were left wishing for better after those loops, I assure you this course is on a different level!  I tried to make it as realistic as possible to a true championship golf course, no fancy tricks here, just challenging but fair, and clean and spectacular!

So, give it a play, give it a rating, and tell your friends.  Never had more than 15 plays on any of my courses, so help me out - every one who has this game should play Cross Valley!

Very nice course.  Would love to see it in an updated theme to provide better looking plants and trees.  Still nicely done, it was very playable even in 15-20 mph winds!

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »
Loads of Courses with the Feminine Touch just search LPGA too many to list, Enjoy.

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
I agree. I am new at the game as well as the Course Designer and have a couple courses out there just to get my feet wet. Out of the 4, I published one by accident that had tiny greens....bad discipline on my behalf. Live and learn. As with anything, I am getting better with each one. Some play a little too easy and others are Medium or a bit too hard due to a little too much slope on the greens in areas. You pretty much have to nail the appropriate area to be awarded and a little wind kind of makes this challenging. This is noticed on my The "Raven(ous)" course. Actually plays tough and rewarding but I cannot beat a +5 for the life of me. I'm sure if I slow the greens down, we will see a -4 or better, which sometimes is deemed too easy. I think any course that plays +1 to -5 is where the realism lies.

I find myself like you, I play whatever courses i can that kind of stick out and have found mistakes as well (no green on certain holes and no fairway whatsoever on your opening drive)..so, of course, I do not feel as bad stepping into those same shoes and making that mistake of not checking my course at the end. I do hear tips on using land first but I also noticed it isn't so bad generating the holes in advance since you can always scrap the idea if it doesn't suit what you want overall. The brushes is the tricky part as I have no clue why there's RED and BLUE on both Raise and Flatten...didn't get a tutorial on these with the PS4 version and what the difference is. I use Raise blue and red for everything..Flatten only when a piece of land is not giving me enough fairway length.

So, with that being said, for what it's worth, the courses I have Published aren't grand but they are fun and can be challenging. I didn't spend a lot of time with buildings and planting as I was more concerned with hole creation. I am working on 2 right now that I am doing a little more intricate work and spending the time on it. So, if you are interested in friending me and getting involved in new courses, tournaments, etc...I am all ears..and thumbs. My game name is WRETCHED6170 and my courses I recommend are as follows:

Falcon Ridge (updating this as Version 2 at the moment)

The "Raven(ous)" (fixed) - this is the one that I had the +5 on out of 4 tries...layout is cool but I am reworking the title and eventually I'll release it as "Cascading Ravine" when done

Smarsh Meadow - my first one..plays easy but it has it's moments

Royal Renaissance - probably my best one so far...mix of risk/reward with easy and hard holes...decent scoring for most

CURRENTLY working on: Cascading Ravine, Pheasant Hills CC and Vhaldemar Fathom

I have a 52 week Tourney set up as well using a bunch of people's courses (real and fictional) - I will do a mini-tour at some point but seems certain people stay in their own circles on this game...kind of a shame. I had more luck on the TW series but the newest one they expect you to do the PS Plus trial just to go online...I say screw that. Tired of the cheaters as well. Nice to have a golf game that the playing field is a bit more even and uses no cheats and the sort (with the exception of these joysticks ppl have). Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
The Glen @ Rochelle Arbor
LaCroix Hollow GC

chrashbird

« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2016, 01:24:20 PM »
The Sentient at Crystal Lake

Use the slopes to feed the ball to the cup instead of aiming right at the pin or trying to land in the rough on tucked pins as that won't turn out too well.

Enjoy......it's tough in high wind.

savagegolf70

« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:30 PM »
Falcon RIdge (KFG Final Version) - Par 71 - 7,041 yards - Another one of my early works with two prior attempts to make it challenging yet scorable. Greens are accessible but the putting game will be tested. 2 of the signature holes are both Par 3's with deep bunkers and one has a daunting false front. Created by Wayne Klinger (June 2016) - screenshots included
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

savagegolf70

« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2016, 10:45:08 PM »
Smarsh Meadow - one of my early creations for The Golf Club PS4 game. 18-hole, Par 73 at 7,004 yards - 2 reachable Par 4's to highlight a possible low round. - screenshots included
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

savagegolf70

« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2016, 04:02:15 AM »
Royal Renaissance GC - Par 72, 7,298 yards : One of my best courses to date with good planting and visually stunning views. Signature holes are there for the challenge. The front 9 features two of these: the Par 5, 597-yard 6th hole with a cavernous bunker as wide as the fairway and the dangerous 7th hole, a stern 230-yard Par 3. Test your game to the fullest. Created by Wayne Klinger (June 2016) - screenshots included.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

MORTradio

• Harry plays golf for us, and Harry hates golf....
    • MORTradio
« Reply #577 on: August 04, 2016, 05:28:08 PM »
“It is no shame to have a dirty face- the shame comes when you keep it dirty.”

Truman Capote
‘In Cold Blood’

Holcomb, Kansas is the kind of place that goes pretty much unnoticed.

Not much happens there other than the day to day activities that people do when they are getting on with their lives.  When the Holcomb townsfolk want a night out, dinner and drinks, or a movie, they will travel the eight miles over to Garden City.  Holcomb is a farming town.  They go to bed early out there.

That’s how it is today.  That’s how it was in 1959.

When the bodies of Herb Clutter, his wife Bonnie, and his teenage children Kenyon and Nancy, were discovered in their home in the morning hours of November 15th, 1959, the horror of the moment not only gave way to a grotesque scene, but also to a stark contrast to the town’s backdrop.  The slow pace of life, and its innocence, had ended.  When asked if Holcomb families ever locked their doors at night, Special Agent Alvin Dewey said, “They will now.”

Blood washes away.  Memories do not.

The Clutter Family

In 1967, the Holcomb Historical Society (which was mostly Holcomb’s governing body) decided to erect a public golf course on some parcels of land that intertwined with the farms of Holcomb.  This acreage that had not been tended to since the days of the depression, when plows had destroyed the top soil, giving birth to the dust storm.  Roosevelt’s “No-Plow” plan allowed farming towns to section off parts of their acreage to be left untouched, and in return would receive an allotment of funds from the federal government.  By the end of the 1940s, Roosevelt’s “No-Plow” plan ended.  The parcels of land were not being used.  Building a golf course would be beneficial to the community.  It would increase property values for the residents, generate revenue for the town of Holcomb, and overall, bring an aesthetically pleasing atmosphere to the surrounding area.  Finally, it was decided by the Holcomb Historical Society that the golf course would be dedicated to the memory of the Clutter Family.

Golf Course architect Colton Boomhower was commissioned by the township government to begin construction immediately.  There was a certain amount of backlash when it became known that a golf course was being constructed in memory of a murdered family.  When news of the course reached PGA President Sal Fraser he stated, “This is absolutely unacceptable.  It you want to honor the dead, go to a cemetery.  We won’t host tournies there!”  The Holcomb Historical Society ignored President Fraser‘s comments, although Holcomb’s Town Manager, Clyde Brody, did said, “Mr. Fraser ain’t going to live here, and he ain’t going to pay taxes here.  We’ll honor our townsfolk any way we see fit, and if Fraser don’t like it, he can shut that hole in his face and go back to his golfing.”

Golf Life’s October 1969 Edition

Colton Boomhower with Mrs. Boomhower

On November 15, 1969, the “Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course” opened its gates to the public.  A small memorial service was held in the early morning hours prior to the first tee time, commemorating the ten year anniversary of the Clutter Family tragedy.  Afterwards, the first tee shot was struck a couple minutes after 6:00am.

As it is today.

The “Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course” has a terrain that it not typical with the flat lands of Kansas.  Using the dried top soil left over from the dustbowl days, Colton Boomhower was able to create a hilly terrain, allowing for short uphill shots, as well as long distance downhill drives off the tees.  Boomhower’s bentgrass and perennial ryegrass mixtures flourishes in the fertile soil, making for excellent tee boxes, fairways and greens.  Furthermore, because of the rich soil, nature’s own growth excels in all areas, allowing its natural beauty to come forward.

The “Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course” was designed to incorporate the private farms that laid within the parcels’ boundaries.  Boomhower assure the farmers that they would be able to continue their normal farming activities, including maintaining livestock.  As the golf course gain in its popularity, the farms that resided within the golf course began to offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations to golfers from out of state.  Occasionally, livestock have escaped through the fences of the farms, and sometimes a golfer will have to play through on a green while a friendly cow grazes, but the cows seem not to mind. 

The Boomhower man-made lake runs throughout the “Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course”, allowing not only a hazard for golfers, but also fishing for when golfers have finished their round.  Stocked with bluegill and bass, fishing is available year round for golfers and their families.  The annual “Boomhower Fishing Derby” is held every first Sunday of May, with the winner of the event awarded a year-long pass to the golf course.

The “Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course” offers a calming challenge for the golfers that stroll the course.  Many of the golfers who hit tee shots onto the fairways weren’t even born when the Clutter Family met their tragic end.  Perhaps many of them do not even know of the history behind the name of the course, not realizing that the gazebo that overlooks the 18th green, surrounded by a small garden that flourishes, is an unassuming cenotaph to the Clutter Family.

They don’t have to know what it is for.  They just have to enjoy it.

The Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course

The MORTradio documentary "The Clutter Family Memorial Golf Course" can be found here:

https://youtu.be/nIS9zo1PiX8
It's time we talk about it....

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #578 on: August 07, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »
Using the harvest theme with plenty of planting and a city style skyline gives a Central Park feel
My courses
The Isle of Krakatoa
The Mafia’s Hogmanay Club
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

savagegolf70

« Reply #579 on: August 07, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
That's absolutely clever how you used the topography level with the lighthouses to get the skyscraper effect. I've been trying to do that bleacher thing with the gazebo and it takes some practice...I have half bleachers with what looks like a dance floor on the top cuz it's flat but i added 2 lights and it works and the other half is picnic tables...I thought it gave it a different look anyway LOL....this is on my "The Outlander" course I'm working on. Spending more time on the planting and the holes itself and see that I still have enough room that I may put in a 9-hole Par 3 course on it as well for a nice 27 holes; something I haven't tried yet.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

MORTradio

• Harry plays golf for us, and Harry hates golf....
    • MORTradio
« Reply #580 on: October 04, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »
The Montana Country Club

Tony Montana entered the United States in 1980. Within a year he had become the largest drug cartel in the continental United States.

In March 1983, he was killed by armed assassins sent by Alejandro Sosa.  In what would be later called "The Montana Massacre", 79 people were also killed on that day.

One of those individuals was Blake Madison.

Blake Madison was a semi-professional golfer who had become friends with Tony Montana in 1980. When Montana had risen to power, he hired Blake to design a golf course on the sprawling Montana estate. The golf course had been finished only two months prior to the Montana Massacre. Blake had been staying at the Montana Mansion when the massacre occurred. His body was found on the golf course the morning after the killings.  Later, after the government seized control of the Montana assets, it sold off the the mansion and golf course to the Nike corporation, who then turned the estate and course into a country club, using the bloody history and the infamous name of Montana to bring notoriety to the country club.

Although the documentary film "Scarface" chronicles most of Tony Montana's life in the United States, the film never mentions Blake Madison, or the golf course he designed.  Additionally, even though the Montana Estate and the golf course have become a popular country club in Florida, no mention of Blake Madison has ever been given by golf writers and historians.

His contribution to the golfing community has been purposely ignored, and therefore, he has been largely forgotten.

It is the hope of the producers of this documentary to give credit to Blake Madison, as well as acknowledgement to the work he had done prior to his death.

The Golf Course
of the Montana Country Club

The MORTradio documentary "The Montana Country Club" can be found
on the Harry Hates Golf YouTube Channel:

https://youtu.be/Ul6CXUpFsIw
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:10:33 AM by MORTradio »
It's time we talk about it....

cacarpenter

« Reply #581 on: December 06, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
Hi All,

New to The Golf Club. Tried my hand at design with Ayada Sojourn CC.

How do you go about getting feedback?

Thx!

savagegolf70

« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2016, 05:56:20 AM »
If you're a PS4 user, hit some of the communities....Mine for starters, KFG Tour in which I'm partnering up with IPGL next Monday and they have a BCC community on PS4 (so between us 2, you'll get feedback) - others, Fringe Finders, Team Reacharound and TeeToGreens.com (registration is free and you can upload your course and/or participate on TTG events as well as I have another KFG Tour there also) - My Friend Request ID: WRETCHED6170 - Week 1 starting 12/12, so I will have plenty of room to probably have your course included in a tournament. Get back to me on PS4 and message me. Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:57:53 AM by savagegolf70 »
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

savagegolf70

« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2016, 05:23:13 AM »
Hi All,

New to The Golf Club. Tried my hand at design with Ayada Sojourn CC.

How do you go about getting feedback?

Thx!

I played your course and damn, it was tough! I liked the way it was laid out. The fairways and greens could've been a little wider but my biggest issue was the lag I had playing it. This is not an internet problem but was noticed on many people's courses when you use too many buildings, too big of rocks (and a lot of them), big trees, etc. It just messes with the game trying to catch up with all the imagery and resolutions. I think if I didn't have the lag, I could've scored higher than a -1. The greens hold on shots which is nice. The lag causes some shots to be under 100% as it messes with your usual flow of the controller and the way you're used to playing. I would still consider it for a 2-rounder on my tour. I think 4 rounds for some would be a bit frustrating and anyways, I try to use courses with 4-day pin positions for 4-rounders.

By any means, do not feel this is a negative. The course is awesome and yes, my courses have enough flaws as well. That was a learning experience though when I did the Halloween Edition of Gehenna Sands that I used these huge dead trees throughout and you'll see when you play it, there is a lag. So after seeing that I stopped doing that and only use maybe 4-5 buildings in any of my designs just to keep the gameflow even.  As far as eye candy and aesthetics, keep doing what you're doing. Just go about it without too many buildings, big rocks and huge amount of big trees, I think you'll agree and others as well.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

cacarpenter

« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!  I err'd on slightly smaller greens/fairways because the game seems a little more accurate than the real thing. I've been playing the Links series in the past since 1998. It almost looks like some borrowed code in The Golf Club, cause similar appearances in the graphics and sim action. I had heard about the swing lag, but didn't know it was related to the object count....so glad you brought that to my attention!

I worked hard on the risk/reward idea and did tons of play testing on Ayada. The aim was to create a thinking man's course, give options off the tee, so allowing different ways to skin the cat. A couple holes you can hit between a 4 iron and a driver and all will work with different results.

Checked out all the communities you mentioned and did the invite to KFG. That would be awesome to include Ayada in your 2-rounder.

Appreciate the input & direction!

space-cash