PS4 Created Course Thread

• 602 Replies

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2016, 10:20:52 PM »
I'm also a Links 2001/2003 junkie and all of the TW series since 1999. PC version from 2000-2004 and 2006-2008 (2005 sucked on PC). TeeToGreens is Marc from the coursedownloads.com site as well as apcd-courses/Links Community sites. Reason why I mentioned him. He has a nice site going on as well as 5 tours there. IPGL.freeforums.net has a few tours also.

If you play Gehenna Sands, you'll see the serious lag from me using way too many huge dead trees. The effect I wanted is there, looks hellish, that was the intent. Skull ravine with pentagram full of goats, sick humor on my part as well as turning a few trees a certain way on one hole to cast a pentagram shadow on the cliff. Lastly, Hole 18, Par 5, 666 yards - self-explanatory and with a skull green and a "To Hell" passageway to the right of the green. It was for Halloween lol

Your course definitely had me thinking. With that said, even an extra 10 yards of fairway or green would be justice. I always got criticised for not having "bail out" areas on the green. If the shot doesn't stick, ppl are happy with a bunker or thick rough rather than have the ball roll down an embankment 40 ft or so. Just small stuff, trial and error. I'm nowhere near where I want to be and took 2 hrs of lessons recently and working on 2 courses in blank slate mode and auto-gen to see the difference of the 2 with major renovations and manipulation with brushes trying to learn the sculpting aspect. You sir, are well on your way however. Watch videos, look at course pics, do some PlayShare with other designers and throw one of your courses in a contest. You never know, TGCTours may even use it. Final note, look at my friend Mike's courses (ACES-R-WILD) - Southern Hills and Copperhead/Innisbrook, amongst others. He does all RCR's - down to the detail. He's working on original stuff as we speak. Kudos to you, best of luck with your next creations. See you on the KFG Tour hopefully when season 1 starts Monday 12/12 on IPGL.freeforums.net
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
The Glen @ Rochelle Arbor
LaCroix Hollow GC

cacarpenter

« Reply #586 on: December 11, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
All great info. For 12/12, new to this, how do I sign up to play (already did the membership)? Can I do that thru the PS4? Thx!

savagegolf70

« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
Sorry for late reply. Well the KFG Tour Community hub you can do on the PS4, just Friend Request "WRETCHED6170" and then proceed to join KFG Tour through the communities (in friends section). This way you can keep up with news, results, upcoming events, special events, etc..

As far as ipgl.freeforums.net , you'll need a PC but I'm guessing you can do it through PS4. Pages load a bit awkwardly but you'll manage like I do. I use a laptop for everything else including my images for the Tour. KFG Tour on IPGL started yesterday but you have until the 18th to finish things up (Two 2-rounders, 1 Stableford (4-rounds) and 1 Strokeplay (4-rounds)). Everything is explained in the KFG Tour section of the site as far as the points system, etc.. Have fun!!!
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

tjm502

« Reply #588 on: January 09, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »
Evening All - New to the forum and new to the game. Have to say that I am learning to really love the game and the design aspect of the game. I have currently designed and published 3 courses, but would love some feedback on the courses, layouts, and play-ability.

I have not focused so much on the extras likes signs, cart paths, etc... but thought more about course I like to play in real life, creating some risk/reward shots, and general feel of the course.

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I suspect most will find the courses fairly easy, but again some feedback on what you liked and what you would like to see differently would be great.

Course names are:
New England Country Club
Old Maine Golf Course
Oceanside Highlands of Maine

Thank you all for the feedback!

savagegolf70

« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. Been having to revamp the whole KFG Tour due to a falling out on IPGL (long story short, guy had problems with me associating myself with a couple of his old foes from the TW days...so "guilt by association" basically). Anyway, I wrote your courses down and I have no clue how recent they are when they were published but I do 5 weekly tournaments with the KFG Tour on the PS4 Communities and run a weekly series called Crash Course Showcase, which is 10 newly published courses in one event for people to try out (1 round each). I also have KFG Tour on TeeToGreens.com and play in many Communities (Couch, Fringe Finders, The Jeff Club, KFG Tour, etc.).

Even if your courses are a little older, if they are cool and playable, I can include them in a 2-round or 4-round event (all depends if they have pin positions or they are a "one and done" course - One course only with no alternates I usually use for 2-rounders). My PS4 ID if you want to send a friend request is: WRETCHED6170
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

Bro-Grim

« Reply #590 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
Hi guys,

I have released my 2nd course (my 1st is ok, but nothing special) and I spent a lot of time on it. I'd say 2 months and 80 plus hours. (I learned a lot so the next one probably won't take as long. lol) I'm having some trouble getting plays on it and I'd love to get some feedback and/or some ratings. I'd love to hear from you and some of your courses and I'd gladly give them a try. Any course I think looks beautiful, I will always rate a 10. I don't care how difficult it is or if the greens are extreme. I love a challenge. The name of the course is Black Wolf Estates River Run. It's meant to be a private golf course, so it has a lot of walking paths. It's pretty challenging with high wind, but my best friend got -14 on his 1st try and my best is -5. Please give it a shot and reply back here with some of your courses and I'd gladly give them a shot. Thanks!

Justin (Bro-Grim) <---- PS4 username as well
2019 Courses:
Citi Links @ Indianola Reserve

savagegolf70

« Reply #591 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:03 AM »
I hear ya Justin. I've had this game over a year and still learning the GNCD and courses getting better as I learn new things. I'm about ready to go to work, so I won't be able to test out BWE River Run until I get home. I'm assuming this is one course and doesn't have alternate pin days or variables (different tees, etc). I only recently tweaked all my courses for 4 days of pins/weather/different lighting but Nordic Pines GC, my latest creation is by far my best work even though there's still room for improvement. The course has 3 tee boxes in case I want to do red and blue tees at some point but offers 4 days of pin positions and different firmness and speeds of fw's/greens. Saturday plays the toughest as you pretty much have to club down or the ball will roll quite a bit. It will frustrate people but the other 3 rounds are very scorable.

On a final note, I run KFG Tour on PS4 Communities and have 44 people currently and collaborate with other communities as well, so there is an avenue for course traffic. I do 4 events weekly (Two Stablefords and two Strokeplays, 2 and 4 rounders each). I keep points standings and have a unique scoring system for all the events keeping things competitive and leads up to Match-Play events and special events for those who participate religiously. The courses that have only one version I use for 2-rounders mainly as it gets too repetitive doing the same course for 4 w/o the pin positions. So basically if I like your course, I'll use it, simply stated. Even with 2 rounds, you'll get 40 plays or better for the time being unless one of the other clubs that people play in mention your course and they use it as well. So to end this, it's up to you if you want to tinker with your original course and add different pin positions. The plays will be scattered as far as traffic, but at least, people are playing it. With the onslaught of good designers, RCR courses and the likes, it's hard to get an abundance of traffic. I'll get back to you on your course when the plantation lets the slaves go home today lol
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

Bro-Grim

« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »
Thanks Savage! I appreciate your time. Can you send me some more info on your tour? It sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. I straight up published BWE so I can't tinker with it anymore, but my next course I definitely want to do 4 days on. Thanks again man!
2019 Courses:
Citi Links @ Indianola Reserve

savagegolf70

« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
Well, we had our chat last night, as you well know published courses can be uploaded locally and then tinkered with as long as you put some sort of name extension or prefix on it as I explained to you. Should be just a matter of messing with pins and keep uploading the one you just published so you don't lose your place on pin locations.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

Johnnycher

« Reply #594 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:38 PM »
Hello,

I've created 2 courses.  Recently I found out that my 2nd course got a 5/10 rating, but I was hoping some of you would go play it to give your own opinion.  I'd really like to get it so there's a handicap.  I think both of my courses are within 50-80 plays from hitting the 200 play threshold.  My courses are:

Rolling Flats CC
Maple Harbor

I am currently working on a new course, and I'm about halfway done.  I hope to create something that is stunning and will get more than a pesky 5/10 rating.. Let me know what you think.

savagegolf70

« Reply #595 on: February 24, 2017, 05:39:10 AM »
 I'll give them a whirl when I get home from work today. If they are Auto-Gen, it is hard to make them look as good as one would want, trust me, 80% of mine are and I dismantled quite a bit and detached bunkers. My most recent one, Nordic Pines is actually a step in the right direction of using very little Auto-Gen and doing a lot of sculpting. That's another learning curve in itself that I had the pleasure of getting some pointers on and other things from other designers. Basically starting from a blank slate is the way to go and sculpt the land[ the way you want it and after you're satisfied with that, do your holes 1 by 1. Painstaking, tedious and takes patience I can tell you that. That was one reason I only put a couple buildings in it. I just wasn't going to worry about all the eye candy but concentrated on playability and creating some interesting holes. Maybe the next one I'll add a little more if I pick up the pace from learning and doing over and over from the other ones. You can look me up on PS4 (WRETCHED6170) to further the conversation if you'd like. I'll be home after 4pm EST./b]
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

Johnnycher

« Reply #596 on: February 24, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »
Sweet, sounds good Savage. 

Yeah, typically my style is to have the auto generated plot to my specs before I lay out the routing of the course.  While routing, I do all 18 holes at once, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will stay exactly where they're placed.  Most of my holes do have the auto generated fairways, but I like to make them a little thinner, so I can "add to fairway" where I want to widen spots and whatnot. 

I would say that I do put a lot of effort into creating my courses, and I try to keep them as realistic as possible.  My big thing is that I want to build a course that you could definitely play in real life.  I am an avid golfer, and I think that translates to creating a course.

I am pretty excited to see the new features in TGC2.  I think I am going to finish my 3rd course in TGC1 and stop creating until TGC2 comes out. 

IDK when I'll be home, but I am also on EST.  It would be more like 9pm for me.

savagegolf70

« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »
All good. I just got home myself and chilling a bit before I get on later tonight. I still have like another 50 courses to check out before I give them my personal rating I do in a binder that I keep to do course rotations for the KFG and BZT Tours. I just do a "decent", "good" and "excellent" rating on those so I know if it's a casual round and not some big event I have, I use one of those to get the creators a little more traffic. Sometimes you just get some interesting ones, not tournament-worthy but playable and fun to play. Silly stuff people forget like playing the unpublished course OFFLINE so you have an idea of wind. I seen too many that the 2nd fairway on a Par 5 is not even reachable due to the wind as you can only go up to a 3W as is let alone hitting it straight enough with loft. Some have fairways so skinny that it's just not feasible to try to do anything about it as it's a wing and a prayer shot and the most insane thing is the postage stamp greens (which I made a boo boo on one of my older courses and every green got changed and I didn't do one more test play like I should of. I would've caught it). I'm working on a Par 3 course as we speak and one other course as it'll be it for me as well. I've gotten a little feedback from the closed Beta that's going on so far for the TGC2. Unfortunately I have to keep it quiet so I can only say it seems to be as promised. Still a little worried that they will get a little brash and get arcadish in spots (I hope not, I could care less on "eye candy" equipment or too much detail on things outside the actual gaming part and course creator).

With that being said, I will get to your courses tonight some time as it was a rough day at work and I may crash for a little before I come on. I stay up late anyway on Fri and Sat nights. Like to enjoy my time away from work when I can cuz in a few weeks the OT will kick in and days will be shortened for any recreational stuff. Hit me up on PS4 if you think of it. My Gamer ID is: WRETCHED6170
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
LaCroix Hollow GC

mnguy12000

« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Hey Just released Spruce Harbor Golf Course.  This is a highland themed course playing at 7150 yards, med firm and 179 greens,  please give it a go.
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

savagegolf70

« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »
I'm off to work soon but once I get home I will check some more courses out and will look into the Spruce Harbor.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC