# of plays on my course doesn't show up

• 7 Replies

Speed 427

« on: October 01, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Created Muirfield Village GC last night. I can see from the rivals list that there have been about 7 plays including mine, but # of plays on my created courses list is 0.

Are they going to show up, or is this another save issue? How long does it take?

I'm on XB1. I like the gameplay and the course creator is VERY addictive, when it works quickly. It doesn't always. Sometimes it crawls along.

Also, how can you quit the game and return to the title screen? This always brings back your save on the course creator, but currently the only way to exit is to start another game. Any help? Please?

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
Hey Speed, the number of plays do update periodically, usually a few hours but they shouldn't take more than a day.  Keep and eye on the number and let me know if it does not update by later tonight, or tomorrow morning at latest. 

I'm not sure what you mean about quitting bringing back your save on the creator?  By title screen do you mean TGC Main Menu or the XB home menu?  Could you clarify?

Speed 427

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »
Getting back to the Golf Club home menu. How can this be achieved without starting another game(Forza, etc). Game stays at the play screen when you finish a round, cannot close or quit even when you go to home screen on Xbox, open an app(youtube), etc. If you go back to the game, it is still on the play menu. The only way I can get around this is to open another game, which cancels out the opened game. Once you get back to the title screen(the one that says The Golf Club), your save is there. Also helps when game just starts to sound 'scatchy' in the menus(to close out and come back)

Cheagles

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »
Hmm, when you complete a round, the scorecard should come up, you hit A to advance, which takes you to the Course Rankings screen. Hit A to advance again.  You should then be at the Completed screen that shows your score, some stats and a rating meter to rate the course. A to advance from there.  You should now be at a screen with the same stats, rating meter, and panels with Scorecard, Favorite, Replay Course and Return to Menu.  Hitting Return to Menu should take you right to the games Main Menu.   Is this not the flow you are seeing?

Speed 427

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:51:08 PM »
Yes, but my question was, Is there a way to quit to the title screen?

Somewhere here on the forum when I 1st started searching for an answer to the creator save issue, someone said that "Start game, quit game, when you come back, your save is there, not really a big deal". And they were correct in that the save is there again if you quit to the title menu. I can't find a way to quit the game completely without starting another game(Forza, etc.) or shutting off the console.

Some games and apps allow you to quit completely, while others(like NFL), make you open another or they keep running. On the PS4, it tells you when you open another game that it is going to close the one that is still running. Nothing on the XB1

Cheagles

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »
Ah, sorry I misunderstood.  If you hit the XBOX button on your controller it should be taking you to the XBOX home screen with their apps and a large panel showing your current screen in the game.  With that large game panel highlighted, pressing the 'Menu' button on your controller  (to the left of X, and above the right analog) should bring up a list of options, one of which being Quit.

Speed 427

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
Yep, that was it. Thanks. Feel pretty stupid.

Still no plays on the course, been about 20 hrs since I put it up.

Cheagles

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
 ;) Don't worry about it!  Ok, give it until the morning and take a look.   If nothing still, I'll investigate!

space-cash