Removing placed objects - can't select with GNCD marker

• 8 Replies

Dox

« on: October 07, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
I placed a cow and goat on a hole as a reminder to work in that area. Problem is I can't target them to bring up the menu to either move/delete. Most of the time it will select the brush underneath it, but even after deleting some I still couldn't get them. Even when nothing else is highlighted, zoomed in or out, rotating the camera in all ways.

Using my ps3 controller as always so maybe there is another method using the keyboard/mouse that I don't know of.

They do respond when playing the hole. 2 shots with a low lofted 3 iron and down they went. :) Even stayed that way after exiting a few times. Not important but was funny to see them drop.
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
Hey Dox, this issue has come up a few times, but I haven't experienced it myself.  Deleting an animal can take some patience.  When the animals move, the target box that needs to be selected stays in the area that they were originally placed in.  So I always zoom out about 35-50% and move the cursor around the area that I thought I planted them, or in a circular pattern around their current position, and if they haven't moved very far, I can locate the animals starting point and see them highlight after about a minute.  There's not really any tricks with the mouse compared to the controller.  Just get out the Edit Holes cursor and search!  This will be easier in the later patches/updates.

Dox

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I did try that but perhaps my frustration of not getting it there and then trying other things stopped me going back to that spot. Will take a fresh try with just that method next chance I get.
Completed courses:
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »
Birds and Planes are worse to catch.  ;)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Dox

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »
So far it can't be done with these two. I checked my other course and can find the one stag that I  placed in the woods and selected him with no issue.

I tried deleting all the brushes with no luck. Then raising, lowering, and flattening terrain(both red and blue brushes). Even took out the 3 iron again to kill them or knock them out(which places them lying on the ground in their original spot) and that didn't work either.

It was such a nice hole but looks like I will have to delete it or re-route the path to the green and let them claim their land.

Tip if anyone else has the issue. Any changes such as placing, deleting or undo will move them right back to the original spot. So you will know exactly where you placed them. Why certain areas can't be selected is the problem.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:36:14 PM by Dox »
Completed courses:
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
I have here a very similar example in front of me.
There is a distance stake placed bewteen 2 trees. If i zoom in for the stake to allmost fill the screen, its selection and "move" or "delete" options pop up. As soon as i select move, instead of showing a second, movable stake, it shows nothing and the menu options disapear. I then still can move the screen, the pointer, zoom in and out. Just the stake does not move but nothing nor the stake in question nor anything else can be selected and all the menu show is the hole list, but without the possibility to select anything.
Hitting F12 (screenshot) 2x brings the menu back and allows selection again.
Remark: This course is planted "over" the limit, was allready when the limit was invented.
Chris

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 10:37:17 AM »
Are the issues in this post resolved post patch?

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
Seems to be working now for me. But depending on the zoom level sometimes the option-menus blanks out and i have to retry with another zoom-level.
Chris

Dox

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
I tried late last night but still no luck. I didn't try removing all the brushes below them this time. I will give it another shot later.

On a side note I did test it(post patch) without saving by placing an alligator in the same location. I had the same issue and could not highlight him.
Completed courses:
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club

space-cash