Friends showing away

• 21 Replies

Mike1409

« on: October 11, 2014, 03:28:15 AM »
Since the patch when playing with friends the scorecard  shows them as away instead of live. I can still see their shots live and not ghost balls.

Mike1409

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
I uninstalled the game yesterday and then re-installed but all my friends are still showing away. This is frustrating because I cant join their games or tournaments.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »
If I can offer some honest info.

Take 15-30 days away from the game or do like me. Start some ridiculously long and tedious course recreation that will take a few weeks

Hope that one or two patches hit that really improve things.

The Headhunter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:21:56 AM »
I get the same thing.  Shows them away but I still see their tracers and scores as they play.
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

Mike1409

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
Mine is still doing this after the update as well. I can also see their scores and shots during the round.

RustyBucket21

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
Same problem here, that's when my friends can actually get into the game. The invites are sent out but most of the time they don't get them. when they do nothing happens. They have to find the course I'm on but it doesn't show them being there, I know about the active friends thing but even though they are on the course it just says to invite them. which I've done numerous times. This is a good game but so many things need fixing.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »
After you invite your friend, have them get on the first tee box. Then hit your tee shot. Your friend will now shoe as away. Go back to friends list in the menu and change to join round. Works every time.

Cheagles

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
Hey all, in options > Social, do you have Auto Add Friends set to ON?  This should be adding them as LIVE to your scorecard if they join the same course that you are on.    Since the patch, you haven't been able to have ANY friends on a course show as LIVE?

The Headhunter

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
I will double check that setting but since the patch, I have not seen anyone as Live.  We will be playing the same course at the same time.  We are in a party chatting and I can see their tracers and their scores show up on my scorecard but it shows them as "away".
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
I will double check that setting but since the patch, I have not seen anyone as Live.  We will be playing the same course at the same time.  We are in a party chatting and I can see their tracers and their scores show up on my scorecard but it shows them as "away".

See my post above. I had the same problem & this quick little step fixes it every time.

Mike1409

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »

Hey all, in options > Social, do you have Auto Add Friends set to ON?  This should be adding them as LIVE to your scorecard if they join the same course that you are on.    Since the patch, you haven't been able to have ANY friends on a course show as LIVE?

I have mine set to auto add friends as on but they still show as away.

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »
My auto add friends is also on.  I played with Mike1409 we both tried Tigerfanbritts steps and it did not work...(we don't play turn based like he does)....I not only lost his tracer after one or two shots but also his scores on the scorecard.....this has been happening since the patch and update.  we do play in an xbox party if that matters....

Cheagles

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
Thanks for the reports all, we're on it.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
This is for HBS; will there be another patch, at least for some of the bugs reported here on the XB1 version, before the next update drops?
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

Cheagles

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »
We are still working on the high priority issues for all platforms, and looking at the possibility of a patch prior to the next update. 

space-cash