CURSE YOU FRINGE!!!!

• 7 Replies

palindromicbob

« on: October 17, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
I am being plagued by random bits of fringe in the middle of greens.   Only seems to be happening on my first green but then I'm looking much more closely at it since it is a three tier green and I'm trying to get the slopes correct.

I've repaired all the random bunkers that had appeared on my course but I have a few small discs of fringe in the middle of a green.

No amount of placing or removing brushes is working to fix it and I've even gone as far as deleting the hole and replacing it only to have the same problem.  This isn't just with a custom green but also happens when I increase the size of the standard green to go over the area.  Really killing it for me and I have put many many hours into this course so far only to find it being ruined by a few tiny discs of fringe.   

Also is there any chance you will be altering/removing the layer priorities in an upcoming patch as well to allow rough to be placed over fairway to overcome the limitations of the sliders and allow even more customisation to the creation of courses?

Acrilix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »
Have you tried using the red brush on it as well as the blue brush?
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

palindromicbob

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:39:01 PM »
is that the sculpt tool?

Tried everything and it took a metal detector style movement of the guide over the area waiting for it to change to yellow to find the culprits. about 15 invisible things. No idea what it was or where they came from but got rid of them and now have a proper green.  That was frustrating.

Maybe an option to move the brush with left trigger held to allow for minor adjustments could be useful. ;)

Cheagles

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »
Hey Bob, you got your fringe areas sorted?  The 'invisible' things, were they labelled as sand?

leeish

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:50:57 PM »
I had this happened. Exited the designer and dropped in after the patch and instead of grass it was a bunker which was easier to delete.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

palindromicbob

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »
Hey Bob, you got your fringe areas sorted?  The 'invisible' things, were they labelled as sand?

Yeah got them. Don't think they were labeled as sand. Think they came up as heavy rough because I didn't have to detach anything like I normally do with random bunkers. Tiny little things that were a bugger to find. All I know is that I hadn't placed them.  Was weird that the green didn't just take priority over them. They were tiny areas in the middle of the green.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
Sounds like my home course. Goat ranch 1/2 the time.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:34 AM »
I Thinks its something to do when you make the green smaller and attach another peice of green to it only way i cleared way back was to mke green bigger..

space-cash