Ways to make my course creation unique?

• 4 Replies

Imsdale

« on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
Hello. I have the PS4-version of this game, and I think the game is very good.  :)

In the past I've done some course creations, and thus I miss some features that could help courses be more unique from each other. I would like to be able to:

1) Make a presentation screen of my course:
- User created logo
- Nationality of the course (display of the nations flag)
- A short description of the course

2) Hole description for each hole (caddie's notes) which should be easy to access while playing the game.

3) The possibility to change the colour of the sand in the bunkers independent of theme. For instance the EGA tour plays on a course in South Africa this weekend with dark brown sand. On my home course we actually have sand that looks pink brown.

Thanks for listening.  :)

BentFiveWood

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
Pictures, pictures, pictures. And not a lot of them. One per hole or less that give a good sense of the hole's layout and the course's personal touches.

Continuity of the look and flow of the course is important and most people are looking for the courses they play to be plausible. For example, could I see myself actually playing a course that looks like this?

I've been looking for hidden gems and haven't really come up with much. The courses that are the best have a great attention to detail and leave no major blemishes.

Once you have done that, then pictures are the best way to generate interest. I've seen far too many posts about people asking others to try their "awesome" course with no pics added and play it only to find it is woefully lacking.

I have built 3 courses so far. First was mostly autogen. Second was rife with flaws and unrealistic landscaping. My third I put many many hours into and provided lots of pics. It's a course I was really proud of. To date it has 12 plays. More than some I realize, but that's just how hard it is to get people to spend time playing your creation.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »
These all sound cool, Imsdale...and have been talked about in the office!

Imsdale

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »
These all sound cool, Imsdale...and have been talked about in the office!

That sounds nice.  :)

I saw in the list after I wrote the message that the colouring of the sand traps has high priority, which is very good. I have another request that I forgot yesterday, and that is the possibility to customize the green flags. I would like to:
- choose from a variety of different colours
- choose from a variety of different patterns
- choose to have my golf club logo stiched to the flag
- the size of the logo, 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 of the flag covered
- the alignment of the logo in relation to the number on the flag

I think that would be very cool.

Thanks again for a great golf game. Hope to see lots of updates and nice features in the future. :)

BruceM

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »
Yes pictures are great, but where talking the PS4, so getting pictures is rather limited to say the least. I asked before the game was released which platform was better, and most told me it doesn't make a difference.
 Well I hate to say it, but when I said the PC would probably be the best to create courses, it seems it was.Many more options with a PC and easier to share info, especially before the course is even complete.

space-cash