Warton Heights

• 2 Replies

Acrilix

« on: November 04, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »
I always like to mix up my course designing both with the style of course and techniques used to create them. I think this is important, at least for me anyway in keeping things fresh, and not slipping into a production line process where every course feels the same as the last one. I wanted to stay with the Boreal theme though, as I love it, and think it is by far the most realistic to work with, but I also wanted elevation to be the prime theme of this course. There was no way auto-generating a landscape to route the course through was going to give me the 'roller coaster' style of course I wanted so I decided this time to sculpt the complete landscape first and then route a course through it...... and so, Warton Heights was born!
There is little left to do now - just some green adjustments and a few minor changes, so Warton Heights should be ready for release in the next day or two. Here are a few screen shots of the course:

My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

Ramjet36

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:27:08 PM »
Looking forward to it.  I love the hole variations that come with some good elevation changes throughout a course.
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
Really like the look of that last pic - nice!

space-cash