The buzzing is back ...

• 13 Replies

BestwoodRoadie

• Notts County Golf Society
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:06:36 AM »
Had a few rounds this morning, as I was scrolling through the menu that bloody buzz was back on every move.

The game seemed worse than it was last week, with stalling & freezing up, had to reboot a couple of times.

Really getting pi**ed off with this now. Think it is not a patch that this game needs it's a major operation!!. If it doesn't get fixed this month I am going to complain to MS, CA, the government & the Queen !!.

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »
Hey BestWoodRoadie, just had another report of this over the weekend.  We're looking into it, but please let us know here if the update remedies this for you when it is released.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:33:48 PM »
From Devs Diary:

Several Memory Leak Issues
Improved stability.

Improved frame rate.

Course Saving error after a few hours of play – fixed.

Fixed crash that could occur if the user stayed on a certain screens for an extended period of time.

I wonder if this memory leak issue has reared it's ugly head again???  Has this been resolved with the first patch?

Is this a possible problem again?  If it is, could this be the cause of the issues being reported in the first 10 -15 topics in this forum?.  Has this been tested again post patch?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:44:56 PM by ISAWTHAT »
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

BestwoodRoadie

• Notts County Golf Society
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »

Hey BestWoodRoadie, just had another report of this over the weekend.  We're looking into it, but please let us know here if the update remedies this for you when it is released.
Hi
It is still making the "buzz noise", although not so prominently, but it is still there all the same, also when playing on a windy course there is a annoying sound as well, not quite of wind but it could be a poor imitation of it, not sure if you are aware of it????

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »
Hey thanks for confirming the 'buzz'.  The wind sound that you're hearing, if I'm thinking of the same sound, has come in with the wind gusts that we added in the update.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
Adam, love the game but the buzz sound I get sounds more like a spinning gear. Doesn't prevent me from playing but I do have to turn the volume way down or the buzz sound will kill my liquor buzz and I know neither of us want that to happen.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
The buzzing or digital flutter between switching menus, or screens to the next hole or shot, has been there since day one that I can remember on XB1.  It's like HBS doesn't even test play the game on XB1.  So many people are noticing it, because it's there!, no denying it.   It's not the wind or a squirrel, or any other woodland creature , it's a problem with the game on the XB1 platform.  The masses have spoken, and it needs to be fixed already!   This thread should have gone away a long time ago.

MrGolfClubs

• II Robert24 II
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
I have to agree the buzz sound is back and wished it was fixed it's a great game and a lot of fun but got to get rid of the buzz. Not as much in the game but you press the "A" button or "B" button and it sound like a stuttering sound. Please fix.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »
Is anyone experiencing  what looks like video tearing while scrolling the screen from side to side, with the aiming cursor, especially while holding the right trigger to scroll faster?.  I'm seeing that the top half of the screen isn't keeping up with the bottom half while scrolling.   I'm also noticing horizontal ghost lines (for lack of a better term), in the video when switching from hole to hole, along with this digital flutter/buzzing in the audio.  It almost seems like these issues are related to each other.  My display settings are:  DoF Off, V-sync On.

Lout Of Order

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
I didn't even know you could hold the right trigger to scroll faster... Will have a look this evening and see if it tears for me as well.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »
I didn't even know you could hold the right trigger to scroll faster... Will have a look this evening and see if it tears for me as well.
Thanks.  It may be on object heavy courses where it occurs, not sure, but I have been noticing it more lately.  Could be the lack FPS as well. 

This is for HBS; will there be another patch, at least for some of the bugs reported here on the XB1 version, before the next update drops?

Lout Of Order

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
Noticed the slight tearing on heavily planted courses, but I would say it's probably just the game engine struggling to keep up with the textures/FPS when you're moving the view quickly.

The horizontal ghosting is definitely there, hadn't really noticed it before but the damn sound stutter seems to be getting worse.

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »
Noticed the slight tearing on heavily planted courses, but I would say it's probably just the game engine struggling to keep up with the textures/FPS when you're moving the view quickly.

The horizontal ghosting is definitely there, hadn't really noticed it before but the damn sound stutter seems to be getting worse.

Thanks for checking Lout.  Yeah, you're probably right on the FSP.  The lines I do notice, but not sure why they are there, maybe the same cause as the tearing needing more FPS to correct.  Yep, the noise in the audio is something I hope they fix...soon.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
Had a few rounds this morning, as I was scrolling through the menu that bloody buzz was back on every move.

Same here....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash