Turn-Based Ghost Shot Cones

• 2 Replies

mebby

« on: November 17, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
Are we seeing the actual representation a player's swing in the shot cone when we play turn-based ghosts?  Specifically on the PC side...

I've played several rounds that leave me scratching my head a bit.  I've witnessed what appear to be some pretty terrible swings according to the swing cone view but the player's ball goes dead straight and the ball flight appears normal in terms of height and distance.  At first I thought that they must have gotten lucky and the wind (which was likely different than what I was playing in) could've saved them.  But this happened at least 15 or so times during the round.

If I were to swing like this I would get dramatically different results.  So it leaves me confused.  I haven't seen this on the PS4 side but I haven't tested it out on there nearly as much.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Acrilix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
I reported this a couple of weeks ago. It's the same with turn based multiplayer - the people you are playing with see it differently on every shot ( I tested it with my brother, describing each shot's position relative to the cone).
It's probably why the shots end up with different results to the observers too.  :(
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:55:40 PM by Acrilix »
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

mebby

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
I reported this a couple of weeks ago. It's the same with turn based multiplayer - the people you are playing with see it differently on every shot ( I tested it with my brother, describing each shot's position relative to the cone).
It's probably why the shots end up with different results to the observers too.  :(
Ah - OK.  I was wondering how some of these folks were hitting the ball so well when the shot cone shows something vastly different!

The odd thing is that I played against my own ghost and it seemed fairly accurate.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

space-cash