Not sure if this is a bug or not.

• 3 Replies

Steve2golf

« on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:14 AM »
Maybe it's a question, bug, not sure.

Here's a video, this happens to me a lot.

I play left handed.

The video shows the ball way above my feet, wind is about 9 right to left.

I left the aim on the pin, hard to see in video, but the pin is about on line with the house garage. Incidentally I even pulled the shot on the x-axis, the slope itself alone should of pulled the shot right of the pin to start, the pull on the x-axis shot should of helped this effect even more, however often, not all the time I get the result in the video, ball starts way left and keeps going left. Almost opposite of what I would expect. I would expect the ball to start right and drift left with the wind.

Now my question does the game know I'm playing left, should I play right maybe.

Please explain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SN-yTfDRA
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:35:06 AM by Steve2golf »
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Silver

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
I play left handed and haven't noticed this.
Could it be the panning camera is still coming down when you swing making it deceiving of your aiming?

Steve2golf

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
I play left handed and haven't noticed this.
Could it be the panning camera is still coming down when you swing making it deceiving of your aiming?

The video shows a replay, it may be misleading, the camera is completely settled in.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Cheagles

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Hey Steve.  In my opinion, this shot looks accurate.  I'm not sure if that amount of deviation on the x-axis would be enough to fight against the 9MPH wind, and similarly with the slight slope you have there.  My experience with the wind makes me think that if you would have hit that shot straight, and on a flat lie, you would have ended up on the left edge of the green rather than near the middle.  So I feel as though that was played out correctly. 

But I will run some tests of my own with left/right handed golfers and similar lies and wind conditions and see if we do in fact have a bug here.  If you are able to capture any more short videos of this sort of thing, please post :)

space-cash