Bonner Point Golf Resort published as SL002 Beta

• 5 Replies

SassyLady

« on: November 13, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »
I am working on a course I am calling Bonner Point Golf Resort. I now have a playable version published. It's meant as a tournament course and plays like one, but I will be publishing a public edition played from the blue tees with some easier pin placements. It's not finished. Still need to sculpt a couple of bunkers (didn't realize I hadn't done them before I published) and work on the tees. Most but not all of the 2nd shots require a long iron. Tee shot landing areas are tight. But the blue tees edition won't bring those bunkers into play so much except with a strong headwind.

Below is the only screenshot I've uploaded so far. Getting late here and I need to get to bed soon.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me. Published name right now is SL002 Beta
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club
TPC Mactan Hills (Regular and Tour Editions)

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club
Mactan Hills Country Club

TGC 1
Bonner Point Golf Resort (Championship)
Tri-Lakes Golf and Fishing Resort

SassyLady

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Here's some screenshots. I have more but only have time to post these right now.

Hole 1

Hole 2
A beastly par 4 from the tournament tees but less so from the public tees as the pin position from those tees will be more favorable. From the tournament tees, the pin is hidden behind the right side of the tree requiring a shaped shot right to left for the 2nd shot to set you up for a 2 putt. Attacking the flag is not advisable. Par is a good score.

Hole 3
The green is drivable with strong tailwinds. In other conditions, you can still get fairly close to the green. There is a tall pine tree right behind the green and this is a good aiming point. Absent strong tailwinds, take driver in hand and aim just right of the tall pine tree, adjusting for wind. Aiming at the pine tree will likely land the ball in the long bunker situated in the fairway.

More to come.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:54:20 PM by SassyLady »
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

SassyLady

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
Here's some more screen shots.

Hole 4

Hole 5 is a par 5 with bunkers bracketing the tournament tee landing area.  It is reachable in 2 with a strong right to left crosswind on the tee which translates to a strong tailwind for the 2nd shot. Be wary of the bunker between the end of the fairway and the green.

Hole 6

Hole 7 is a long par 5 that plays longer than its actual distance. From the tournament tees take a 3 iron through the trees or a risk a maximum fade or draw (depending on your handedness) with the driver to get around the trees. It is unlikely the green will be reachable in 2 even with strong winds. Birdie is an excellent score here, but par isn't bad. From the public tees a driver with possibly a slight to moderate left to right shot should set up for a green in 2 under the right conditions.

8th hole. A fairly medium short par 3 with an island green.

Hole 9 is a dogleg right par 4 that plays the tee shot over a waste area. Be careful of the bunkers that protrude into the fairway at the tournament tees landing area.
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
Nice looking course...    "She said Bone'r"   Huh Huh, in my butt head voice...
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

SassyLady

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Thanks. I have yet to break par on it. Of course I'm not very good, but it's a real bear. Going to have to tone down some of the landing zones. I don't mean move the bunkers, but smooth the fairway so the ball doesn't roll into them if it comes within a foot or two of them. Maybe give some of the greenside bunkers the same treatment. It seem slick as glass toward the edges of some of the greens. My intention was to enforce accuracy, not require pinpoint accuracy.

Once I publish the final tournament or championship edition (still not sure which to call it), I'll do a public edition that plays from the blue tees. That will make it some easier as not only will it be shorter, but the pins will be placed in easier locations.
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

SassyLady

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
Here's the rest of the screenshots.

Hole 10
This is a tough hole from the tournament tees but less so from further forward. The tournamet tees landing area is very narrow with a bunker surrounding a wetland on the left and a regular bunker on the right. To make matters worse, there is a tree in front of the green that needs to be navigated around. Par is a good score from the tournament tees. The public tees will have the pin positioned in such a way that the tree rarely will come into play.

Hole 11

Hole 12

Hole 13

Hole 14
This hole is an oddity as there are no greenside bunkers at the landing area, or anywhere else for that matter. But it's still far from an easy hole. A long drive is needed to clear the trees for an open look at the flag for the approach shot. In high headwinds, a shaped shot will probably be required to avoid the trees at the dogleg.

Hole 15
This is a par 3 played over natural terrain. The pear shaped green is surrounded by bunkers increasing the need for accuracy.

Hole 16
Greenside bunkers come back into play on the 16th hole making for a very tight landing area. The green is protected by sand in the front and left, water to the back and trees on the right.

Hole 17
Don't know how that bunker on the right side of the fairway way out in the boonies got there. Probably a remnant from when I changed the hole. It's on the list of things to fix.

Hole 18
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club

TGC 1

space-cash