Graphics issues

• 130 Replies

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
I haven't seen those issues since I upgraded from an R7 to an R9 290X.  My problem is that the whole game locks up and the screen goes completely black.  As I said in another thread, the PS4 version is working pretty good now, so I'm taking a break from the PC version for a while while they sort it out.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Ok Upgraded to W10, I thought it would fix the graphics issue.. no such luck!!
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Seppper

« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »
Sad is, that after almost one year this problem hasn't been fixed. Looks like they doesn't care about it, its just a few people with ATI ...

It's pretty annoying if you can't play this game seriously, I can't enter TGC Tours because of it, because on the last holes I usually don't see anything because of it.

The only way seems to buy Nvidia card, its better supported than AMD  - R9 is my last card from AMD/ATI - no more, thanks.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
Improved, but still happening using windows 10.
have to restart about 1 time per 18 hole round due to the grafics falling appart. With exactly the same symptoms as it showed before.
Windows 10, 64bit client, AMD Radeon 7950 with lates driver.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2015, 01:49:20 AM »
Improved, but still happening using windows 10.
have to restart about 1 time per 18 hole round due to the grafics falling appart. With exactly the same symptoms as it showed before.
Windows 10, 64bit client, AMD Radeon 7950 with lates driver.

I prefer the AMD cards because they are cheaper and their updates are getting better. Never really had an issue with these cards I've always found them really stable and much better than their Nvidia counterparts. Yes I have owned Nvidia cards too.
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Scaniaman

« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2015, 05:37:40 AM »
I have started having the same problems as everyone else, I have the AMD Radeon R9 270.

So I have decided to switch to the NVIDIA GTX 960 which is £157.99 from Amazon a saving of £101.82.

I am lucky that I can afford to do this as some of the people on here can't.

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

Stained

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »
This game should be playeble with these R9-200 cards. What me irritates is that there is still no solution, or even worse no response from HB Studios. Every Nvidia player gets there answer, but the AMD players .....

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
This game should be playeble with these R9-200 cards. What me irritates is that there is still no solution, or even worse no response from HB Studios. Every Nvidia player gets there answer, but the AMD players .....

HB have said they have asked AMD to come up with a new driver to help alleviate this but AMD have not been forthcoming, and you can't really blame them if TGC is the only game that suffers this...and it is the only game that suffers this, with that HB should be seeking alternative options to help fix it, but they don't give a toss, so we have to put up with it.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »
Unfortunately this is after more then a year still a major bug. (see date of the OP)
Still happens after several generations of new drivers and new control software for the AMD-cards. As after it happens the only way to continue is to restart the game, it kills any multiplayer or match game. And it happens between 0 and 5 times per 18 holes, pure lottery  :(
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »
after september update i lost bout 10 - 15 fps and even switching down to medium settings doesnt bring back the performance. another problem a flickering on the screens started and the shadows change from what they should be to some weird squared boxes, shadows on the trees darken half of the tree, other half is clear visible. on some of the newer themes i too have some little black square dots here and there in the trees. never had all of this except the weird looking shadows on the trees.but the most disturbing is the flickering screen,which hurts in the eyes after 3 or 4 holes.
i was able to play 1920x1080 high settings detaillevel 3 and got more then 35 fps before september update, now i´m down to medium, detail 1 and get rarely over 25 fps.
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

Dusty Roads

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
I'm not going to Nvidia just to play a golf game. My Radeon plays all my other games and videos without a hiccup. So TGC is played rarely and designed hardly at all as it locks up when playing with the new surfaces.

space-cash