1080p / 60fps?????

• 56 Replies

Dazmaniac

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »
I am confident that Drive Club will see the light of day. When is another question.

I'm expecting good things as it being developed by the same guys who brought us Motorstorm (one of my fave racers on PS3) and looking at some of the YouTube clips of Drive Club is certainly has potential.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
I am confident that Drive Club will see the light of day. When is another question.

I'm expecting good things as it being developed by the same guys who brought us Motorstorm (one of my fave racers on PS3) and looking at some of the YouTube clips of Drive Club is certainly has potential.

Oh there's no doubt in my mind that DriveClub will be released eventually, but after doing some research yesterday, I'm starting to think Project CARS my be more my cup of tea.  I get the feeling that DriveClub is built more on segment races than closed circuits.  I also saw a Project CARS video of a vintage F1 race at Spa.... I was smitten  :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2014, 02:12:08 PM »
Jcauthen, I have been playing project cars for over a year now , not played a build in the last few months, but I think you will definately enjoy when this is released.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2014, 03:24:09 PM »
Jcauthen, I have been playing project cars for over a year now , not played a build in the last few months, but I think you will definately enjoy when this is released.

I'm not hip to the happenings with Project CARS up to this point, but I gather that there was a limited Steam release of an earlier build?  Steam is pretty much foreign to me since I've pretty much sat out of PC gaming since 2007.  Good to read some positive feedback on it.  It looks like at game that would shine on the new consoles though!  Here's a link to the '67 Grand Prix race at Spa-Francorchamps that got my attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1yZzZhxlQ  Can you do this race in the version you have now?  If so, I'm highly envious  :P
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »
Yep, sure can. There are four iterations of the lotus, going up through the era's.
Quick background to Project Cars, they launched it more like a private Kickstarter, I bought into it at a level that gives the game on release, back in Jan 2012. I knew their pedigree, and they finally had full control of what they were doing. Slightly Mad Studios, is made up of a lot of original members of Simbin, and did the two shift games for EA. Do not want this to sound like EA bashing, however, PC users found a lot of disabled code in Shift, code that when put out as a mod made the game much, much better.

So Project Cars was their crowd funded, game, they had complete direction of how it would evolve, it was initially stated they would not release for new gen console systems, because they wanted a solid user base to sell to, I am glad they changed that decision, and updates only moved to Steam a while back, I suppose same way as closed beta is working for The Golf Club.

There are over 20 tracks, combination of real world tracks and some point to point like Californian Highway, being Aussie I have spent a lot of time on our iconic, track which is included Bathurst.

All I can say is when it does release, purchase, you will not regret, and if these are the type things you are looking at playing I think I would lean toward PS4, but just my opinion, I have been xbox since the original, got every Forza game day one, ran in a club for a few years over Forza 3 and 4, participating in series races that were set up over normally an 8 week period, and there are times I wish I had Forza 5 , but I decided on PS4 so will just have to do without.

Long post, sorry for hijacking thread to everyone else.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:53 PM »
Yep, sure can. There are four iterations of the lotus, going up through the era's.

I wish there was a jealous emoticon, I'd code it in right here  :)  Dayum, that sounds sweet! 

I appreciate the rest of the information about Project CARS.  I have Shift for my 360, and still play it.  I knew there was something funky going on with it.  Some of the tracks and series are spot on... others, I'm scratching my head.  Still, I know Slightly Mad are more than capable of producing the kind of racing game I crave. 

Back on topic as it relates to The Golf Club.  As I'm playing the beta, I can't help but notice how much better the game looks in "Medium" graphics detail than it does "Low" (which due to my modest PC, I'm forced to use to get a playable frame rate in the beta, in its current state), but when I use Medium, my frame rates drop into the teens.
The Golf Club is going to need to have frame rates at least in the high 30's to mid 40's to support its "feel" based swing interface.  I know Anthony may have said in his Gamepur interview that he'd read an article that said the human brain can't tell the difference between 50 and 60fps.  I'd say that's true, but I know I can tell a huge difference between 30 and 40fps in playing the beta version of The Golf Club.

Based on what I've seen and experienced thus far, I say this - The Golf Club needs to run at 1080p, in what would at least the be console equivalent of the PC's "Medium" graphics detail, while maintaining a minimum of 45fps, to establish itself as a player in the next-gen console marketplace.

Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »
Quick background to Project Cars, they launched it more like a private Kickstarter, I bought into it at a level that gives the game on release, back in Jan 2012. I knew their pedigree, and they finally had full control of what they were doing. Slightly Mad Studios, is made up of a lot of original members of Simbin, and did the two shift games for EA. Do not want this to sound like EA bashing, however, PC users found a lot of disabled code in Shift, code that when put out as a mod made the game much, much better.

So Project Cars was their crowd funded, game, they had complete direction of how it would evolve, it was initially stated they would not release for new gen console systems, because they wanted a solid user base to sell to, I am glad they changed that decision, and updates only moved to Steam a while back, I suppose same way as closed beta is working for The Golf Club.

There are over 20 tracks, combination of real world tracks and some point to point like Californian Highway, being Aussie I have spent a lot of time on our iconic, track which is included Bathurst.

All I can say is when it does release, purchase, you will not regret, and if these are the type things you are looking at playing I think I would lean toward PS4, but just my opinion, I have been xbox since the original, got every Forza game day one, ran in a club for a few years over Forza 3 and 4, participating in series races that were set up over normally an 8 week period, and there are times I wish I had Forza 5 , but I decided on PS4 so will just have to do without.

Long post, sorry for hijacking thread to everyone else.

This sounds like my kind of race game. It is real hard to wait for the golf game you want and the race game you want.

darmas64

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

I wish there was a jealous emoticon, I'd code it in right here  :)  Dayum, that sounds sweet! 

I appreciate the rest of the information about Project CARS.  I have Shift for my 360, and still play it.  I knew there was something funky going on with it.  Some of the tracks and series are spot on... others, I'm scratching my head.  Still, I know Slightly Mad are more than capable of producing the kind of racing game I crave. 

Back on topic as it relates to The Golf Club.  As I'm playing the beta, I can't help but notice how much better the game looks in "Medium" graphics detail than it does "Low" (which due to my modest PC, I'm forced to use to get a playable frame rate in the beta, in its current state), but when I use Medium, my frame rates drop into the teens.
The Golf Club is going to need to have frame rates at least in the high 30's to mid 40's to support its "feel" based swing interface.  I know Anthony may have said in his Gamepur interview that he'd read an article that said the human brain can't tell the difference between 50 and 60fps.  I'd say that's true, but I know I can tell a huge difference between 30 and 40fps in playing the beta version of The Golf Club.

Based on what I've seen and experienced thus far, I say this - The Golf Club needs to run at 1080p, in what would at least the be console equivalent of the PC's "Medium" graphics detail, while maintaining a minimum of 45fps, to establish itself as a player in the next-gen console marketplace.
[/b]

See tweet below
Any chance someone can sneek into the GDC and check it out, lol.

Anthony Kyne ‏@AnthonyKyne Mar 14

@thegolfclubgame build is looking strong for GDC, i'll be showing the PS4 build off on the @unity3d stand. Come by and say hello

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 03:02:56 AM »

[/b]

See tweet below
Any chance someone can sneek into the GDC and check it out, lol.

Anthony Kyne ‏@AnthonyKyne Mar 14

@thegolfclubgame build is looking strong for GDC, i'll be showing the PS4 build off on the @unity3d stand. Come by and say hello

Also note that they are showing the PS4 version. That will tell you that it is the better version of the two console builds, which is not a shock.
I really hope they release some gameplay footage of it on PS4 this. I REALLY hope they can get it to 60FPS! would be so good!

tiwahu

• "Live Music Access" app for Windows Phone
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »
That will tell you that it is the better version of the two console builds, ...

Somebody mentioned a (half- or whole-day?) meeting with Sony a couple weeks ago, so it might just be a result of that.  Rather than a result of a "console war."   8)

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

Somebody mentioned a (half- or whole-day?) meeting with Sony a couple weeks ago, so it might just be a result of that.  Rather than a result of a "console war."   8)

Whatever makes you feel better.

darmas64

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »

Whatever makes you feel better.

HB were asked to show the PS4 build at GDC. They didn't choose it over the XBOXONE

space-cash