Magnolia National, Georgia - Full 18 available for testing

• 93 Replies

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »
Playability More Important than anything Else,Tiger 12 First Version when it came out made the Greens Lighting quick on masters setting then on follow up versions toned it Down a little best version i think is 12 version But been that long since i played may be thinking with rose tinted specs on,Without a Million pound Budget Never going to get it exactley right because only a lucky few have played and TV does it No justice.Looks perfect to me.

tastegw

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »
i just wanted to add:

im not doubting the elevation differences,  im doubting the sharpness of those elevation difference.  TV might not do it justice, but ive seen golfers walk all over those greens without a problem, some of the slopes in the images in this thread, would trip you up if you stepped right on them without paying attention.   

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:24 PM »

when was this?

@ the OP,

not trying to taking from ya, just wanted to comment on the greens, it looks like they are over sloped.   
are there good slopes at augusta, you bet,  but they are more subtle than you make them to be.

after looking through some photos of the course, this was the harshest green photo i could find, your greens make it look pretty tame.

just sayin.   rest of the course looks good.
[/quote]

If you've been there and still have this opinion you're entitled of course, but the greens at augusta are anything but exclusively subtle.  Sure there are some but many are simply nasty unless you hit it to the proper section.  Misses are regularly deflected yards away and leave diabolical putts from here to grandmothers house. 

to be honest it will be difficult to recreate these slopes and match the speeds of the greens given you would sacrifice any ability to hold approach shots. 

Xbox one

lordcracka

Steve2golf

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
I say jack em up, no way I should casually be able to go -7 in the front.

Could you see the comment I made in this thread regarding med-firm. http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8087.0

There is such a thing as med-firm. To prove it, I made a video, 26 seconds. www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3w_G5XIbs
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

theclv24

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
I say jack em up, no way I should casually be able to go -7 in the front.

Steve, your feedback is noted and appreciated. I will release an 18 hole beta when finished to get as much feedback as possible on difficulty.

Unfortunately, your opinion on difficulty is on the same scale as Doyley and Jimgem, as far as I'm concerned. You might be a 1 percenter, lol!

For real though, I remember Doyley and a few others telling me that Copper Creek Q-School needed to be harder. It's not that the opinion was wrong, but for the purposes of Q-School it proved to be nearly too hard, as Doyley had a much different perspective than the bulk of the field. Now the Masters is certainly a different situation than Q-School, so I will weigh everything appropriately, and perhaps multiple versions are needed for tournament play and casual play.

KenR

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Shots of 10 and 11 look good Craig; really want to see how 12 turns out. Hope you'll be able to use the new flowers added to the designer to augment the course. Even though there were no azalea bushes added I think the flowers they put in can be used to give the course that "Augusta look".

Looking forward to continued progress!
Ken
KenR; Xbox 360 wired
i7 3.6ghz/16gb/Nvidia 1050ti 4gb/Win 10 Pro 64
1920x1080/High

theclv24

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:52 PM »
12th hole posted. As you can see, there is a major problem developing:

I can't get those dang flowers out of that bunker!

I've searched the entire 10 yard radius around the flowers for a trigger point to delete, I've changed the theme 4-5 times. I've open and closed the game. I just can't get them out.

After all is done, I may need to circulate the file to some people to see if they can get them out. Or maybe HB would be willing to take a look?

Seriously though, if I can't get those out...

Razor

• If only there was more time...
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 12:20:07 AM »
I had some problems with deleting the new flowers, I ended up having to delete other items that were in the vicinity (other plants), and then I was able to 'trigger' the delete. This may not help you, but it worked for me.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

theclv24

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
I had some problems with deleting the new flowers, I ended up having to delete other items that were in the vicinity (other plants), and then I was able to 'trigger' the delete. This may not help you, but it worked for me.

Thanks Razor! You inspired me to delete and replant the area again, as it was a little inaccurate anyways. After deleting most of the plants I was able to trigger the flowers in the bunker. The result is below.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
looks good, bit of a gamble enlarging those flowers though, i tried it and they look terrible..not the best objects hb have done to date, will take a look later.

KenR

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Looks really good Craig... the flower addition helps give the hillside the proper appearance, even though they aren't azaleas.

You are nailing your rendition down, will continue to look forward to your progress on the remaining holes. Thanks for the screenies....
Ken
KenR; Xbox 360 wired
i7 3.6ghz/16gb/Nvidia 1050ti 4gb/Win 10 Pro 64
1920x1080/High

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »

I put out Carolina Pines #2, and it still isn't on the list. All I have is a course with 9 plays that no one knows about or knows it's a real course, while both versions of my Pinehurst course have over 200 plays on 2 different systems.

Basically my point is that it's not worth it. HB may or may not put it on the list, but I'm sure it will do fine either way.

Carolina Pines #2 is available to play offline on the PS4 and on the XB1. I found out because at the moment, both the PSN & XBL networks are down... >:(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:38:34 PM by J3Y 7E9 »
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

anserman

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
A suggestion... any of the "natural" boreal ground texture being covered by light rough would look more realistic... not heavy as there is no heavy rough at Augusta only the "first cut".

When I played there in 97 they had zero rough on the entire golf course lol  It was either fairway, bunker, green, tee, pine needles, or water

Tcary333

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
A suggestion... any of the "natural" boreal ground texture being covered by light rough would look more realistic... not heavy as there is no heavy rough at Augusta only the "first cut".

When I played there in 97 they had zero rough on the entire golf course lol  It was either fairway, bunker, green, tee, pine needles, or water

Exactly. I can def see it in the last picture of #12  There is heavy rough leading into the water which shouldn't be there. Also, the surrounds before the green shouldnt have heavy rough. Here is a good picture showing the hole and the falloff areas.

My courses:

The Golf Club at Birchwood

The Kootenai Club

theclv24

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

Exactly. I can def see it in the last picture of #12  There is heavy rough leading into the water which shouldn't be there. Also, the surrounds before the green shouldnt have heavy rough. Here is a good picture showing the hole and the falloff areas.

I can't do anything about the front of the 12th green. The game automatically produces rough between water and fairway. If I could I would have fairway leading into the water on both 11 and 12. As it stands, balls will probably get caught up on the slope rather than rolling into the water as they should. I wish I could do otherwise but it's not possible.

ADX, any area of natural boreal terrain on my course is where pine straw exists in real life. I measured out each of the light rough/boreal natural terrain boundaries using Google Earth, and verified any hard to see areas using Augusta's flyover videos, Perfect Parallel's flyovers, Links 2003, and TW. I haven't used heavy rough anywhere on the course, only fairway and light rough.

space-cash