turn based is still broken guys.

• 25 Replies

craig118

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »
Hey all thanks for the reports, as you can see the turn based system seems to work well for some and not so well for others.  With the updates and patches we are planning, turn based will get some attention and hopefully will be a smooth experience for you all.  We apologize that there are still some issues popping up.  When you try to catch up to someone and then sync the turn based, it seems to cause the most issues, so for now I recommend starting up on the first tee together with your friend, switch Turn Order ON, and wait until you are on each others scorecards until you begin.
All Protee  users start as you suggest on the first tee. All of us have sync issues every round even with this method. Many times we wait on first tee and your playing partner never show up, even though they are also on the first tee. We are all very frustrated with wwhat is otherwise a promising simulator edition 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:35:58 PM by craig118 »
Whistling Straits
Pine Valley
Inverness Club

craig118

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »
Hey all thanks for the reports, as you can see the turn based system seems to work well for some and not so well for others.  With the updates and patches we are planning, turn based will get some attention and hopefully will be a smooth experience for you all.  We apologize that there are still some issues popping up.  When you try to catch up to someone and then sync the turn based, it seems to cause the most issues, so for now I recommend starting up on the first tee together with your friend, switch Turn Order ON, and wait until you are on each others scorecards until you begin.
All Protee  users start as you suggest on the first tee. All of us have sync issues every round even with this method. Many times we wait on first tee and your playing partner never show up, even though they are also on the first tee. We are all very frustrated with wwhat is otherwise a promising simulator editionand your playing partner never show up, even though they are also on the first tee. We are all very frustrated with wwhat is otherwise a promising simulator edition
Whistling Straits
Pine Valley
Inverness Club

Nzer

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:34 AM »

hbs has come to the conclusion that with their research ,  they have found that only a small percentage play online so they are putting their focus on a handicap system and career mode.

There is a reason for that.  Turn based sucks.  Once a lobby system appears their research will find that almost everyone plays online.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 06:51:07 AM »

hbs has come to the conclusion that with their research ,  they have found that only a small percentage play online so they are putting their focus on a handicap system and career mode.

There is a reason for that.  Turn based sucks.  Once a lobby system appears their research will find that almost everyone plays online.

I feel like this paints a bit of erroneous picture.  It is not that we have 'come to the conclusion based on research' that a small percentage of players play online, it is a fact.  Being video game developers, and having worked on golf titles previously as well, we have access to actual statistics that say, in no uncertain terms, that around 10% of video game golfers play online.  No conclusions necessary here, it is just a fact. 

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »

I feel like this paints a bit of erroneous picture.  It is not that we have 'come to the conclusion based on research' that a small percentage of players play online, it is a fact.  Being video game developers, and having worked on golf titles previously as well, we have access to actual statistics that say, in no uncertain terms, that around 10% of video game golfers play online.  No conclusions necessary here, it is just a fact.

as a guy who loves this game though,   I can say without a doubt that just about all the players I personally know want a great way to play live.  that percentage is darn near 100%   At least from my experience.       the one thing I will argue lorin is I personally believe times are a changing and those stats are changing in the favor of online play.      in living proof of that quite honestly ....     either way,   I'm just happy to have the game in the first place even without a lobby.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

craig118

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

That means 10% of your customers are 100% affected by this issue.
Whistling Straits
Pine Valley
Inverness Club

Nzer

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
That means 10% of your customers are 100% affected by this issue.

Very true.  And I also believe that 10% is alot higher this current new generation.  Online connectivity is at an all time high and especially with this game there is such a big online community as well.

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »
Yesterday's update made it worse. Last night tried to play with 2 friends. I started a round, invited both of them, they joined , all 3 of us enabled turn based, then I never saw them on screen, never saw their shots and they both said their scorecards showed me as always on the first hole, never having taken a shot.

We all exited, rebooted and tried again. Same result. Exited, tried again with just 2 of us. Same, the other person never shows as having hit a shot, I just saw his golfer on the 1st tee just waggling his club all the time. Finally we gave up.

Was this update even tested?

Sam

streakfire1

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »
Seems to be working now. Had a 3.8 Mb Update an hour ago and was working ok with a friend.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 02:21:54 AM »
you can please some people some of the time, but you will never please all of the people at any time.........something like that.............lmao.........hey, it's human nature, however i really do believe these guys are doing way more than people should ask for. Think, of what this game has cost you so far..........people always want more, but i really believe that HB has delivered an exceptional game ......a game that, IMHO they could have charged much more for...everything can be improved upon, and this game is no different......it is after all, a GAME.........PATIENCE is a virtue....just sayin'.....Cheers... ;D

Rabin

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
I have a friend I always played TW with on console. We both now have PCs, but I've not suggested he pick up TGC yet until I'm sure the PC version works in turn based play.

He hates watching ball paths in the sky instead of seeing the real player. It's more of a social/chat experience when we play as we spend most of our time mocking eachother's shots/ NFL teams / etc.  ;D

Looking forward to hearing it works properly. I know the PS4 one works as I've used it, but he won't buy a PS4 just to play Golf with me ... who knew?  :P

STEAM: RD_Rabin  http://steamcommunity.com/id/riever/
PSN: RD_Rabin

space-cash