Bad FPS rate on new update

• 33 Replies

vagolficarts

« on: December 19, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
Is it just me, or did the game get worse with the new update? My FPS has definitely gone down, the graphics are not improved, I was happier with performance before the update. I don't wanna be one of those negative people, but I'm losing faith that this game can be perfected on xbox one, anyone else have worse performance?

Lout Of Order

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »
Is it just me, or did the game get worse with the new update? My FPS has definitely gone down, the graphics are not improved, I was happier with performance before the update. I don't wanna be one of those negative people, but I'm losing faith that this game can be perfected on xbox one, anyone else have worse performance?
Haven't tried it yet, but if it is as you say then I'm out.

nate94gt

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »
I'm on the ps4 and played one round and it was not good either

vagolficarts

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »
I'm judging off the new courses out in, still I'm just disappointed, I'm a loyal player of this game but it just bothers me stuff like this is put out and approved.

fljon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:15:40 PM »
I don't see any movement on this one way or the other.......

The Headhunter

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
Seemed to play just the same for me.
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Yeah it just looks like a new handicap feature, and you don't have to toggle the depth of field off and on and back off anymore, if these are important to you.  Boo on this update dud.
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:34 PM »
If this is as good as it get's performance wise on the XB1, then just tell us.  2 updates and 1 patch later, and almost undetectable improvement.  Brutal.

vagolficarts

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »
Agreed big time man, especially the way some of my other games look, it's just not the same

fljon

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 12:21:28 AM »
Personally I am enjoying the heck out of this game on the Xbox.  I think "brutal" and comparing it to other games is probably not the best way to judge it.

Just my opinion of course  ;)

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:56 AM »
No..brutal is 'bout right, when a next-gen console game runs at less than 20fps at 720p, after 2 updates and a patch. 

fljon

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
No..brutal is 'bout right, when a next-gen console game runs at less than 20fps at 720p, after 2 updates and a patch.

Just curious....I honestly don't know.....How do you count the fps on an xbox? I would like to compare the next time an update come out. Thx

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »
I honestly don't know the exact FPS, but it's the comparison to other next-gen games I'm playing on XB1 that are known to run at a smooth 30 fps by game reviewers almost always, and the difference is night and day.  I do believe it's been reported on these forums as somewhere between 12 - 15 fps pre update 2, and I see little to no difference after update 2. 

I still do appreciate the core of the game, it just needs to play smoother, and at a higher resolution.  But it's the nonsensical design approach, gameplay, and physics that keep me playing. 

Here's a recent thread, of a similar discussion of the hopeful performance after the update.   http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8149.15
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:31:58 AM by ISAWTHAT »

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 01:31:35 AM »
I could care less on the # of FPS but smooth play is what ppl are pointing out which is lacking or in my experience worse now than last week.

In all fairness there are a lot of bugs that are gone.

It's still lacking visual polish and smooth gameplay on Xbox one.

Lout Of Order

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 05:03:08 AM »
After the promise of graphical improvements and the steady work to improve the look of the game on XB1, this can only be seen as a kick in the teeth for XB1 owners.

Oh well, it was fun for a while, but it's not a game worthy of this generation of consoles and I doubt it ever will be now.

space-cash