Multiple Object versus Single

• 11 Replies

Aresnine

« on: December 19, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »
I tried the Multiple Object enhancement and I could not get more that 3 pieces of grass to show once I selected multiple objects by pressing down on LS.  The tress did not work at all.  Seem like the arrows don't do anything when in Multiple mode.  When I click on the LS to switch between the single and multiple objects it also switches the object I had selected.  I looked at the tutorial and followed the steps.    Not a happy camper.   Just an update.  I tried again pressing the left and right arrows to increase and decrease the amount of objects and sometimes all the objects disappear, then after pressing the arrows one or two objects appear and the disappear.  Sort of useless at this point. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:43:23 PM by Aresnine »

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
I've found you have to HOLD the arrows to see the change. Just pressing them does nothing for me. It does work though.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Aresnine

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 02:11:26 AM »
I tried using the tool again and I was able to get it working better.   I will try holding it down instead of repeatly pressing the buttons.   I see your point.    When you click on the arrows instead of holding them down it is like someone repeatly clicking mouse button and filling  a buffer up... :). Thanks for your advise,  I will try it in the morning.

SKREC

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:35:51 AM »
my problem is you can't plant in water (or on the edge) with the multi-plant tool but I have no problem placing them one by one :(

clubcaptain

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
I've found you have to HOLD the arrows to see the change. Just pressing them does nothing for me.

Correct but it's a blunt instrument as it suddenly bursts into life and you get multiple, multiple objects. No finesse in being able to choose how many objects you want to choose in the group.

I also find that as you plant, the numbers in the group keep changing and the spread of the objects changes.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

Aresnine

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
Yep, that has been my experience also.  Sort of a shotgun approach.   Not as smooth at the demo.

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
I'm on ps4, but the same thing. I have the hardest time generating mulitple objects, then when I do there's a million.
Plus they're all the smallest size.
Basically, I've rendered the multi-plant confusing/pointless, for my purposes at least.
It will take longer to plant 1x1, but oh well.
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »
I'm kind of digging this tool. It won't ever be a tool that you can use on it's own. It simply makes the time shorter. I still go in and do some individual planting afterwards. You can't get th eexact look without a personal touch.

FYI, MOST of th eplanting on Old beaver creek was done one at a time. I did use the tool to fill in a couple of spots at the end.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

guitardude_324

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »
I agree, needs a little tweaking when trying to select a size.  I'd like to see a way to plant multiple versions of the same object but have variation between each one in size and rotation.  I'd like to plant trees that very a little in size also.
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

clubcaptain

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
It just needs  options where the designer can set the random size variation, say 60% to 120% and  the spread of the objects selected in yards. With grass you would probably want a narrow spread of say 1 yard, with oak trees you might want a spread of say 30 yards.
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx

Courses :
Strathmally GC

Cheagles

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone, there will be some tweaks made to the tool in time.

clubcaptain

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »
After using this tool for a while now it seems to me that the groupings and spread of trees/plants is based on a pre-determined set of patterns. If you keep pressing up/down (l/r doesn't seem to do anything for me) you will see the same patterns recurring through a total of about 6 or seven. A truly random pattern would be much better.

And if this is being looked at; permitting rotation of each group before planting would be a big bonus.
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx

Courses :
Strathmally GC

space-cash