Multiplayer problems

• 8 Replies

anglais49

« on: December 30, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »
Does anyone else find that multiplayer on Xbox is nearly impossible? I don't know whether they're XBox Live issues or TGC issues, but I've once again given up after wasting half an hour trying to play a friend online.

Either TGC shows no friends online when my Live friend list shows that my friend is both online and playing TGC... Or we are both showing online and playing the game but Xbox Live won't allow a Join Game invitation...

So when I go to set up a round in TGC, I have to select a course before adding a friend. So I choose a course and TGC says no live friends playing this course right now. Well obviously not, I haven't invited them to it yet.

So I start the round and try to invite from the Live Friends menu on the first tee, but he never received the invitation.

Why is it so difficult to play?

Am I the only one?

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
I play online multiplayer games just about every day on PS4 and XB1, and never had this issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »
Hey anglais, I am going to move this to the bugs form so Adam can see it....but, in the meantime, if your friend just starts a round on the same course, he should be automatically added to your game.

anglais49

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
Thanks

Could be XBL trouble rather than TGC trouble if no one else has had the same

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »
Hey anglais, I am going to move this to the bugs form so Adam can see it....but, in the meantime, if your friend just starts a round on the same course, he should be automatically added to your game.

Yes and no. Sometimes it does not let us play turn based. So we have to turn off the turn based then tee off then turn it back on. for whatever reason we have to do this multiple times but not every time we play. its almost like the server is trying to catch up or something. Also I have seen where no matter what my opponent shoots he gets honors on the tee box. This is playing live and with ghosts.

Any way you guys could just patch that delay that we have when playing turn based? If that could be fixed or made just a little faster the MP on this game would not be that bad at all. I will still play it the way it is but would be nice to have a more real time MP while you work on the career mode.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

roddymacd

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
We used to get this a lot and found the best way around it was to keep the Xbox button on your system held in for 10 seconds and reboot the system works for me pal

Cheagles

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
Hey all, as can be seen from the posts, the turn based feature works great for some, while others have trouble with it.

If you are both joining the same course and trying to sync up that way, make sure that in your Settings > Social, that you have Auto Add Friends ON.  Once you are both on the first tee of the course, try waiting until you are on each others scorecards before enabling Turn Order. 

FRSTDWN, the delay when playing turn based is just a result of how the live multiplayer system is currently implemented in the game.  As we move toward an online lobby, there will be some tweaks with the system which should lessen, if not eliminate, the delay.  But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
Hey all, as can be seen from the posts, the turn based feature works great for some, while others have trouble with it.

If you are both joining the same course and trying to sync up that way, make sure that in your Settings > Social, that you have Auto Add Friends ON.  Once you are both on the first tee of the course, try waiting until you are on each others scorecards before enabling Turn Order. 

FRSTDWN, the delay when playing turn based is just a result of how the live multiplayer system is currently implemented in the game.  As we move toward an online lobby, there will be some tweaks with the system which should lessen, if not eliminate, the delay.  But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Obviously as Adam has said,  turn based works good sometimes but more often or not for me at least it can give lots of issues.    But, the best news I heard all day was hearing Adam say "As we move toward an online lobby"   I got chills...  :)
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »

Ok sounds good. Works pretty good for the most part. We usually just both tee off on the first hole then hit enable. Seems to work best that way. Play that awesome Augusta course and it took two hours lol. Now I would like to blame that on the delay but I cant. it was the delay from me stinking up the place.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash