Golf.exe has Stopped Working

• 9 Replies

HarryD

« on: January 04, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
Ever since yesterday when I try to start the game, I get this message: Golf.exe has stopped working.   I have verified the files, but it still does not work.

Any ideas?

jackflyn

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

clubcaptain

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:05:23 PM »
Updated to Nvidea 347.09 and immediately the game needs to be started 3 times to get it to work.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

HB_LorinB

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »
Hey guys - hang in there...we just got back in the studio today (most of us).  There have been issues with the latest Nvidia drivers since they were released and, so far, we have been recommending reverting to the last version that worked for you until we get this sorted (we are not the only game having this issue).  Thanks for your patience.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »
Unfortunately this not only happens on NVIDIA cards; Happens on AMD Radeon too.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Remers

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
Hiya Guys.  Not sure if this fix will work for all but I'm a PC user who suffered a crash with the Nvidia drivers and I've been able to play the game by disabling the Steam Overlay.  You can do this by 'right-clicking' on 'The Golf Club' in your Steam library, clicking on 'properties' and then unchecking the 'enable Steam overlay while in-game' option.

This seems to be working for me on PC with the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »
Hey guys - hang in there...we just got back in the studio today (most of us).  There have been issues with the latest Nvidia drivers since they were released and, so far, we have been recommending reverting to the last version that worked for you until we get this sorted (we are not the only game having this issue).  Thanks for your patience.

It is not the newest driver.  I assure you.  I have reverted back to all the old drivers all the way back to August and although a a few of them let me start up once it would always crash the second time.  Stop blaming the drivers when it is clearly your update.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »

It is not the newest driver.  I assure you.  I have reverted back to all the old drivers all the way back to August and although a a few of them let me start up once it would always crash the second time.  Stop blaming the drivers when it is clearly your update.

Drgnslyr, there is no need to be disrespectful.  I am only trying to help with the information that I have currently.  I, personally, was unaware it was happening with frequency outside of the driver issue.  We will be looking at it soon, I assure you.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
I want trying to be disrespectale, but I'm not the only one that has said it wasn't the new drivers.  I really want to support this v game,  but worth the exception of three start-ups the game had been unplayable since the update.  That's 17 days.  I know the holidays caused a delay, but that's a long time.

jackflyn

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »
working again for me. There were no changes made on my end.

space-cash