toon blocks

• 18 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »
 the path of some putts while the ball is traveling to the hole.     you only know if you made it by the sound of ball hitting the cup.    I have found this bug very undesirable for a very long time and would love to see it corrected someday.    In real life I always can view the path of the ball.   thanks.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »
Hey Johneric, are you referring to mostly short putts?  Have you tried the other putting camera angles to get around this?  And are you using follow camera on/off?

anserman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »
Hey Johneric, are you referring to mostly short putts?  Have you tried the other putting camera angles to get around this?  And are you using follow camera on/off?

If you use the #2 option I think and follow cam off it happens

you can push the button to "get out of the way" but it doesn't always do it in time

bob5453

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
The Steam game video that you watch before you purchase this game shows a reverse angle camera view when the ball approaches the hole, I was always disappointed that this is shown and is not an ingame option.
My TGC 2k21 courses
The Big Valley
Roy Rogers Happy Trails
Gilligan's Island Par 3
Magestic Mountain

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
Bob, this is available in game.  While on the green, you can select Putting Camera (E), and can either switch through a few different set angles (V), or move the camera around yourself (right click-hold, move camera)

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »

Not just short putts, some medium as well...   The thing is though,  I use the putting angle I do because it feels right to me and I don't want to switch to an angle that disrupts my method of feel...  I don't believe that any pre determined putting angle should prohibit me from seeing the ball travel to the hole..  I'm hopeful that this can be fixed.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Cheagles

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »
I understand where you're coming from there.  I'll log it.  Do you know which angle you are using?  A preset I assume?

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 02:55:13 PM »
Happens whenever the ball breaks towards the toon on medium and long puts with the follow camera off.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
On longer putts you can hit A/X for whatever controller and it will switch to the follow cam same as full shots. Doesn't work with shorter putts as it takes to long switch.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
And what would be A/X on the keyboard?
Chris

Cheagles

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »
Space bar (follow cam off for this feature)

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 04:51:27 PM »
Thanks, never tried this while putting. But will do.  ;)
Chris

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 03:16:16 AM »
I use follow can because I actually enjoy watching the ball travel to its path.   I'm not a golf purist like some of you.   so this issue happens with follow can on.   also I use the default putting view.

Cheagles

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 08:46:06 AM »
Thanks John.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
Thanks John.

you're welcome.   please keep in mind that it doesnt happen all the time.   typically its the putts where you aim right as a right hand golfer that break right to left.

space-cash