92%-95%

• 15 Replies

Alfyg

« on: January 11, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »
Just not buying that there is not a 92%-95% glitch... Happens every round...on the same approach or drive on the same holes... It can't just be me... I know I don't have the perfect swing every single time, however there are way too many times that I know I have reached 100% swing power and it lags on the down swing and I end up hitting it 230yds off the tee or in a hazard,, blah blah blah... I can't just be me...
Thanks,
Alfy G
[/quote]

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »
Hey Alfy, could you tell me some of the courses and holes that you are repeatedly experiencing this on?

steelereign

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:55:56 PM »
Not just you Alfy.  It happens to me randomly, or so it seems.  For example, I played quite a few practice rounds on Old Beaver Creek in preparation for the Web.com 1st week tournament.  I then played my first three tournament rounds with a rare 90% issue cropping up. 

Immediately after concluding my 3rd round, I started my final round.  At least 70% of my shots were in the 90% range.  Needless to say, it destroyed my round and crushed any chance of me making the top 10.

I can't replicate the issue in any way...again, it's seemingly on random courses, in random conditions, themes, times of day, etc.  I can tell you that when it happens it is extremely frustrating and I've learned now to just leave the game and come back later...especially during a tournament round.

Alfyg

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »
Hey Alfy, could you tell me some of the courses and holes that you are repeatedly experiencing this on?

I cant remember the exact hole numbers but there were two (one on front 9, one on back 9) on Old Beaver Creek that shot my round twice in the same tourney...
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »
Not just you Alfy.  It happens to me randomly, or so it seems.  For example, I played quite a few practice rounds on Old Beaver Creek in preparation for the Web.com 1st week tournament.  I then played my first three tournament rounds with a rare 90% issue cropping up. 

Immediately after concluding my 3rd round, I started my final round.  At least 70% of my shots were in the 90% range.  Needless to say, it destroyed my round and crushed any chance of me making the top 10.

I can't replicate the issue in any way...again, it's seemingly on random courses, in random conditions, themes, times of day, etc.  I can tell you that when it happens it is extremely frustrating and I've learned now to just leave the game and come back later...especially during a tournament round.

I feel the same way, I just mentioned it on this thread because it really screwed up my competitive rounds at Old Beaver Creek... It happens on other random courses at random times....it's very frustrating...
[/quote]

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
I agree I do tend to notice this on certain holes. On flin flon the first hole I always seem to get under 100%.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Cheagles

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
What are your techniques for your swings?  I find that when I use just my thumb on the top of the stick, if there is any sort of pause/hesitation in the neutral zone from down to up on the stick, that this will produce less than 100%.  Sometimes it may feel like there is no pause, but the way the sticks are set (to return/stop in the neutral zone) can cause a minor pause while transitioning from the pull back to push forward, thus producing a 90-something %.  My swing method is to have my index finger pull back for the back swing, and my thumb push forward for my down swing, and I do not have issues getting 100%.  Although, using this method, if I let go too early with my index finger, the stick will try to return to the neutral position before I begin to push it forward, which will cause reduced power. 

Alfyg

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »
tee shot on hole7 on oaks at Westchester...everytime today so far
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »
Also tee shot on hole 10....3 times on each hole so far today
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
again on hole 7 at Westchester....and I KNOW I brought it back 100%....**** is GLITCHED UP BRO !!

I'll Let ya know when I play hole 10 in about 3 minutes...
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »
YEP same thing on same shot on same hole with same result (Westchester Hole 10 tee shot) ...93% on that one and I know it wasn't a percent less than 98...

Of all the bellyaching about FPS, API, stuff within the GNCD, loading times,..and yadda yadda yadda...this is the ONE and ONLY gripe I have with this game.... If I am going to compete, take time to practice and log hours enjoying this GREAT game (and I know EVERYONE at HB has without a doubt) this glitch has got to be resolved. I've been waiting for THIS game since I was 18yrs old playing Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf on a Nintendo. THIS is the real golf sim I have been looking for for 30 years. I finally have it (thanks to HB) and there is this one glitch that makes me wanna throw a controller like I did when I was a child.  LOL !
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »
ok...so to elaborate even further...I had to play the same course on a different tour. The wind direction and speed were consistent with the previous tour rounds that I posted about played just minutes earlier this evening... The same shots on same the holes as I mentioned previously, (tee shots on holes #7 & #10) this time were represented as 100% power. The feel and timing of the swing was exactly the same, however the look and feel of the "shot" was more seamless to my eye on the TV... It's like my feel of the swing is 100% , but my eye and the look of the shot tells me that it is not 100%...

I hope yall understand my description of physical timing in comparison to my visual timing..
I'm doing my best to explain the physical and visual conceptions of my virtual golf swing. LOL!....

When I swing the club I focus and look at the head of my golfer so I can tell that the club has reached max power. It is very easy to tell when I don't and have released the club to downswing too early or too late by hesitating (by the pausing at the top).
I know when I push up too early and push up too late to start my downswing.

Fun Facts!!!!***In real life, I have a USGA index of -5...to most that means I am a 5 handicap.... So some of the time I play better in real life than I do at make believe golf on here .... LOL !
[/quote]

steelereign

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »
It's most definitely NOT an issue with my swing motion.   It's unpredictable but when it happens, there is almost nothing I can do to avoid it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:55 AM »
Adam

All I know is that I swing the same way with my DS4 controller on my PS4 than I do with my XB1 controller and every time I get a 92-94% on the PS4, I realized immediately I have not completed my swing as I should have, thus, I know about it a second before the 92% appears on the screen.

On my XB1, most of the time, I have no clue what I may have done wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

roddymacd

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 11:51:53 PM »
Same thing here Xbox for me seems to happen when there is a lot off water or planting on the hole well that's what I think, starting to happen more often.

space-cash