Ball not coming off the club correctly **BUG**

• 42 Replies

fuzion

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
Here's a link of me hitting driver off the tee:
http://www.twitch.tv/fuzionq/c/6003397

The ball goes to the left of centre, when everything suggests it should go right?
I play with a mouse and keyboard.

Just adding another data point to what people have observed.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with a bit of random variation on shots, as long as it happens to everyone.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:25:21 PM by fuzion »

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »

The ball goes to the left of centre, when everything suggests it should go right?

EDIT: To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with a bit of random variation on shots, as long as it happens to everyone.

That is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.   Wind blowing to the right, your swing was off center to the right and yet it started off to the left first.   While you don't have a problem with it, I do.  If this was an approach shot, it probably would have helped you cause you hit off center, but if you had hit it straight, you can be 20-30 feet off on a long iron even if you got the distance right.   What is the purpose of lining up everything, choosing your distance correctly, adjusting for the wind correctly, swinging perfectly as you have practiced only to have a "random" act (which happens on about 1/3 of the shots in play) completely fubar your chance for birdie?

The problem is the ghosts I have seen, as I stated earlier, not all have this issue.  Therefore I do not think it happens always to people.  I'm still waiting for HB to at least acknowledge that this is either a bug or intended.  Their silence is VERY VERY VERY Frustrating.

anserman

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »

tee box isn't level

slopes right to left a tad

ajl5313

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »

tee box isn't level

He's hitting off a tee though?

anserman

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »

tee box isn't level

ball above feet turns spine angle, shoulder angle, the club becomes a smidge flatter and it's gonna go a bit left unless you do something in the swing to compensate

I havent played that course but that tee box, to me, looks like it's sloping from the right (top) to the bottom and that could absolutely change launch position.

I think MANY courses don't have level tee boxes everywhere.  If this tee box IS level it's just the pic then and I can't explain the left flight :)

ajl5313

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »

tee box isn't level

ball above feet turns spine angle, shoulder angle, the club becomes a smidge flatter and it's gonna go a bit left unless you do something in the swing to compensate

I havent played that course but that tee box, to me, looks like it's sloping from the right (top) to the bottom and that could absolutely change launch position.

I think MANY courses don't have level tee boxes everywhere.  If this tee box IS level it's just the pic then and I can't explain the left flight :)

But should those small factors and that teeny slope be impacting it so much?
Maybe it's overdone a touch?  (assuming HB was even considering all the stuff you mentioned)

fuzion

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 09:51:32 PM »
It's the 15th hole at Tobacco Dunes, so I'm sure other people can go test it out and see if they launch to the left.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »
Had this a few more times tonight. I really am not sure if tee flatness is to blame or not.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »
Still waiting for confirmation one way or another if this is a bug that you are all planning to work on sometime in the future or if this is playing as intended?

Someone?  Bueller?

Thanks,

BT

Thrangar

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »
I am starting to see a majority of my putts act this way...anyone else ?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

anserman

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 06:07:42 PM »
I am starting to see a majority of my putts act this way...anyone else ?

Is your path outside in by chance?

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
Putting is about the only place I don't see this.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
I wonder if something like this was added to stop the straight shooters going for the pin all the time.Im not good enough to notice the slight change but watching a few on twitch say the ball going in slighty different direction very intresting point.

Sheppy

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:54 AM »
I wonder if something like this was added to stop the straight shooters going for the pin all the time.Im not good enough to notice the slight change but watching a few on twitch say the ball going in slighty different direction very intresting point.
Think you may be onto something here Yeltz.
I hit a lot of straight shots (very slight jagged line) and the ball used to go pretty straight. Now my shots seem to have a bigger variation off the clubface, more so if I am allowing for wind in the shot shaper.
If it is to combat the straight shooters then I am for it, but it does seem to be a little extreme and I did prefer it the way it was before.

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »
I still think it is in the backswing, if not brought back straight it will throw the swing path off. This is where a nice tempo comes into play, slower smooth backswing to keep on plane then accelerate through. Like a 1 to 4 ratio will eliminate the need for a pause and results in fewer less than 100% shots.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

space-cash