Rough on top of fairway

• 1 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« on: February 07, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »
The various brush types appear to operate in a priority order, I.e. fairway overlays rough, rough overlays heavy rough

This makes sense as a system and is generally very good... However sometimes it would be good to break those rules... I can think of two potential approaches to allow this

1: Add the ability to use a brush to cut out another, I.e.you want to place a rough island in middle of a fairway, you select fairway but use another button to instead remove that bit of fairway.  One issue I can see as a programmer myself might be that currently the order that brushes are applied to the course is not important, but suddenly it would be if you started placing more fairway on top of a cut out bit of fairway

2: If a brush is entirely hidden by a higher priority brush it should pop up above the other... I.e priority only used to resolve partial overlaps... Could again be complicated to program, it would help me though as a tool :)
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

HB_LorinB

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »
You are correct about the hierarchy. pyates.  And it is a good suggestion to be able to remove surface to create that island rough.  I will add it to the list!

space-cash