Roebuck Manor Golf Club officially submitted in the Tastegw competition.........

• 19 Replies

SAM

• GroupMember
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »
My entry to the tastegw "Next Level Course Design Contest"

Roebuck Manor has officially opened it's gates & you are most welcome to enjoy a relaxing round of golf in the surrounding acres of the estate. Lord Roebuck would like to invite all first time players to offer any feedback they may have below.

Here's a short promotional video which also features the show jumping arena used to host an annual gymkhana event during the first weekend of May. 2 nights Accommodation & banqueting , 2 tickets to the gymkhana and unlimited free golf during the 3 day event to any player that records an ace on any of the par 3 holes during February, March and April....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Goo2-WHoaE&feature=youtu.be

Pics & info:

1st green with 2nd tees off to the left:

3rd approach, with show jumping arena in the backdrop:

Show jumping arena viewed from Manor House 3rd floor window:

5th (front 9 signature hole) approach:

8th tees and fairway:

8th approach & steps to green:

10th green & view back down fairway:

12th tees & view back to 11th green:

14th approach:

17th green & backdrop:

18th tees & fairway:

18th (back 9 signature hole) green & clubhouse:

All the above & other holes flyovers are featured in the video link above the 1st picture.

Thanks in advance if you venture out onto the course & good luck.

SMorris. (Sam @ TGCTours.com)

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
Looks incredible.  Jumping arena is brilliant and such an awesome, original idea.  Can't wait to play it.

Good luck in the competition.

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
Cheers Scarpy.....
Had great fun building the show jumping arena... and I lost count of how many takes it took to make that part of the video... My hard drive breathed a sigh of relief after I deleted all the out takes.  :D

pingzing2

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:02:31 PM »
Put your own  individual style into this one its certainly different, alot detail here  to catch the eye during your round
Lord Roebeck must be proud of this Estate, how many rooms is there and how much is it to stay the night, is golf and a buffet breakfast included in the package.

Course plays well and a few tight fairways but overall easy feel and on the eye as well and greens generous and not too hard to get a birdie.

nearly got a hole in one on one of the par 3,s , par 5,s reachable in 2 which makes it exciting

I thought i saw the SS Minnow over to the left, if the Skipper and Gilligan are aboard im afraid i wont be getting aboard unless Ginger comes along

Hey just wondering can i bring my Horse  to the Gymkana are there any caveat,s he is a bit small he looks like a mule but please dont discriminate hes a great little jumper, also i am a bit heavy so i hope i can get over those fences

well done sam  great job its courses like this being out there,  different from the normal style that make tgc  interesting and fun

Courses

Maha Toka Golf Club
Tropic of Capricorn
Brookwater Pines
Springbrook Valley
Glenview Pines
Broken Hills GC
Chestnut Hollow
Autumn Valley Rise
Alpine Pass
pine forest creek

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:04:03 PM »
Wow , great looking course, I love the way you spent so much time on the whole thing, even the parts that won't really be seen while playing the course. It will be a while before I can come up with anything this original, I'm still finding my way around the course designer and still struggle with the graphic's issues. Can't wait to play this course.
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Thrangar

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
Great presentation, looking forward to playing it.

wouldnt happen to remember the name of the piece and the artist for the piano intro?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
Some things I really liked, some things that I didn't.

Overall, this is your best to date.

Worthy of a replay before I comment anymore, as I played it early this morning, online with another --- and well, I was distracted from my note taking ... but it is a well done course, even though I was playing in High Winds North of 14 MPH ... so, I found a few holes not suited for these winds, But certainly playable.

Thankfully HBS gives us "Overhead View" as I needed to refer to it a few times  ;)
My most recent course:
Cypress Point CA 93953

Jensens Cay, Grand Bahama
Helen D. Devil's Hole GC
Presidio Fort Point
Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn
Harvest High Country Club
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
Cheers Scarpy.....
Had great fun building the show jumping arena... and I lost count of how many takes it took to make that part of the video... My hard drive breathed a sigh of relief after I deleted all the out takes.  :D

Best part of the vid.  Showed some serious hang time on the last jump.  nice music too.

banjobowling

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »
I had tons of fun with my round. My favorite build of yours to date. Going to be revisiting and taking my time to enjoy all the sites.  You've struck an impressive balance of planting without it affecting the fps. Thanks for sharing! 

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:42 AM »
Great presentation, looking forward to playing it.

wouldnt happen to remember the name of the piece and the artist for the piano intro?

Hey! Thrangar.......

Just for future reference: I always mention the artist(s) & track(s) in my description for the videos......

But, if you watched an embedded version that information cannot be seen unless you click to watch on YouTube?

The track used was "Divenire" by composer & pianist Ludovico Einaudi from the album of the same name:

Divenir:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SkX9CSJQo 

Full album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwe5LiSBe0

Cheers.  :)

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 04:37:09 AM »
Great flyover, so Sam when are you going to join the video preview team over a TGCTours?

If Taste doesn't mind (he may already have plans), I am looking at doing video's on all these entries, starting hopefully in the next few days.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback so far (awaiting DDawg's constructive criticism for future builds).

Obnex: I'm not comfortable or rather confident enough with voicing over descriptive transcripts of holes & playability for previewing Tour courses. Certainly not in the professional way you and Andre (CrazyCanuck1985) are. I'm just not that knowledgeable when it comes to talking course management & layout.  :-[

Good news on you possibly taking over from where Tastegw left off (due to time constraints) doing the play through video's though (fingers crossed).

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 07:38:55 AM »
Enjoyed my round here yesterday. I like how compact the course is, and like the design of the Clubhouse and equestrian centre.

I gave it an 8.

A few of the greens were a little too steep for me and I struggled on them, but thats more my bad play.

All in all some great holes here.
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:44 AM »
Enjoyed my round here yesterday. I like how compact the course is, and like the design of the Clubhouse and equestrian centre.

I gave it an 8.

A few of the greens were a little too steep for me and I struggled on them, but thats more my bad play.

All in all some great holes here.

Cheers Elz..... was hopin' your good self and CrazyCanuck would Twitch broadcast it in one of your double act shows but I'll settle for Canucks solo round.

Loved your Valkyrie Fields btw......  Had this playing on a loop while ripping it up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlEvy0fJto

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »
Yeah Canuck's doing this one solo because I'd already played it.

Glad you liked my course, and EVERYONE should have that song on repeat as they play it....
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

space-cash