The Shakespeare Golf Club, Stratford-Upon-Avon, England (Tastegw comp entry)

• 73 Replies

Tcary333

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
What an awesome course. An absolute delight to play. Also helped that I went 11 under, no green grid, best round of mine by far! I have it a 9 only because it stuttered quite a bit on my PS4 due to all the planting. But everything else about the course is an absolute 10. That 18th hole is frickin awesome sauce, amazing work there.
My courses:

The Golf Club at Birchwood

The Kootenai Club

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:03 PM »
Genius, is the only word I can think of to describe this course.

Hands down the most beautiful looking course that I have seen so far. Every hole is a work of art, the par 5 13th is breathtaking and from there all the way home it doesn't let up, culminating in an 18th hole that looks like a beautiful painting.
You know when your designing a course yourself, then you look at this and think, why should I bother?  :D

OK, so the course is short and plays very easily, so what. When the quality is this good you will keep coming back.

So many innovations here, the unique walling on the 13th, the clever use of the advertising boards to create a perimeter fence and the smart use of the scrub ground to create realistic looking, warn pathways.
The rock work and planting were all first class.

If I could have given this an 11 I would have.

Thank you for spending time (it must have taken ages) on making this fantastic course, you sir have a wonderful imagination and artistic skill. Well done.

EDIT - I played this on PS4 and it ran smoothly throughout, contrary to the above post?

Oh, and here's a nice shot on the 5th hole

http://youtu.be/EUbeWEi5AUQ
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:30:12 PM by HookSlicer »
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »
Another home run!   What else is there to say?   You've delivered another good one.  Looks great and plays phenomenally off the tee.  I loved the planting and anytime someone does rock work this well it makes me swell up with joy.

My only criticism for this course would be that the pin placements were way too flat and easy to putt at.   In my round, I had at least 8 or 9 'pool table' putts, with absolutely zero break or elevation change.   Maybe I was just leaving my shots in the right spots?    I'd prefer it to play with at least a little break on the putts.

A+ and fav!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:15:16 AM by Dr. Yeti »

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 12:30:11 AM »
some really amazing ideas and great holes with a couple that seemed slightly out of place for me. I though the par threes were the absolute best par threes I've seen to date. Really solid work. The bunkers for the first seven holes were really well done then a few started to get a little bowled out for me but still good. The tee shot on two is one of the best out there. Love it.

I'm curious about the choice of intersecting the rough in the bunkers. was it a look you were going for or it just seemed like something you see on courses at home? I'll echo the flat greens in places. I had three or four 30 footers with little to no break.

I will enjoy playing this one Biggins. THANK  YOU For your time! REally solid work bubba.

If your par three course is full of par threes like THESE? Yeah...that will be instant awesome.  8)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 01:19:09 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, fellas.  Very much appreciated.

The rough intersecting the bunkers was a look I was going for.  A couple of courses over this neck have light rough cut into the bunker.  I know it will lose me points from Taste as he specified what kind of bunker he was after but this was important for the look of the course so I stuck with it.

Breaks on greens - You must have been hitting them close or at least at the right side of the green.
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

The Headhunter

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »
Truly an amazing course.  I cant think of another course where I watched every single fly by.  After playing it, I am inspired to work harder to make my courses better.  10/10 and favorited.  Going right back in to play it again.   :)
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 01:49:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, fellas.  Very much appreciated.

The rough intersecting the bunkers was a look I was going for.  A couple of courses over this neck have light rough cut into the bunker.  I know it will lose me points from Taste as he specified what kind of bunker he was after but this was important for the look of the course so I stuck with it.

Breaks on greens - You must have been hitting them close or at least at the right side of the green.

That's what I figured. Good job
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 03:58:17 AM »
Lol biggins m8,  just when i start to think about downing tools and taking a long break from creating ( i really should) you release something that makes my pants wanna get up and dance (great track by dr hook btw) only played 3 holes and had to quit for work, but you just know its gonna be glorious, but before i left a plot was prepared for the next course...damn you to hell mr biggins!

10/10

highfade

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 04:25:46 AM »
Stunning track, Biggins. I had a tough round in strong winds and could only match your -2.

What everyone else said about the beauty of the course I can echo and have to look hard to fault anything. Planting looks superb.  If I'm forced to give criticism although the bunkering is well done some shapes (horse shoe) tends to be too repetitive. The holes are strong good designs but there are a couple that seemed slightly out of place or trying too hard to stand out. 

With the strong winds I was forced to play the course differently so I will visit again in calmer conditions.

Great work, keep it up! ;)
My courses:
Excelsior Round 1 to 4
Mount Fear Golf Club
Nahoon River GC
Cape Fear Golf Club
Rhino Ridge Estate
Zithobeni Golf Club

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 09:05:18 AM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:07:15 AM by SMorris »

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
What a complete stunner.  Easy 10/10 from me.  Really liked the green designs and fairway designs on this one.  There was only one hole I didn't care for which was a med-long par4 on the front nine where I had to hit a 4-iron off the tee to lay short of a waste area, but then a 3-iron to the green to get there.  There was no way into a 13 wind for me to carry the drive to the second fairway.  Still didn't detract from a 10 rating though.  Biggins par3s are the best out there...always were, and still are...just the best holes you can make.  Going to wait to play the par3 course as a special treat tonight after the kids go to bed.

TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
Splendid course Biggins and I can't get over how relatively fluid it flows.  I saw the planting and figured it might chug, but it was hanging between 30 and 32FPS with my normal settings on the PC.  I'll try it later on the PS4 and give some more detailed feedback.  I was really taken by the 15th hole... there are all sorts of ways one could approach that hole, and the way you've sculpted the green on that little quasi-peninsula is magnificent!  Most importantly though; this course is a good, but not overbearing golf challenge!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Rtomboli

• gamertag: WALKyourTALK
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »
Rock work and worn paths are the best I've seen maybe.

Loved a few of the hole ideas.

For me, didn't like just one texture for tee boxes or the use of the same style bunker for maybe 75% of the course.

Planting superb as always, too.
The Orchard at Haley's Estate
Eighteen at Prestige Valley - 4.75 on TGCT. Fav.
Blue Willow Club & Lodge- 5.0 on TGCT - Most played.
Eighteen at Majestic Pines-5.0 on TGCT - The best rated.
Cypress Pointe Golf Club -4.75 on TGCT- A challenge.
Royal Acres Country Club 4.0 on TGCT
Links at the Bay-4.0

JC

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »
Played it.  Enjoyed it.   8)
Courses Published:

JC-Tough Autumn
Lake Addison Memorial Country Club
The Josephine Memorial Country Club

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
CrazyCanuck1985 and I will be playing this course live on twitch in 30mins! (Thats 10pm GMT, 2pm Pacific Time)

http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanuck1985
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

space-cash