Season Mode AI scoring

• 0 Replies

Epsilon

« on: May 18, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »
So I figured I'd play the Season Mode, if nothing else as a quick change of pace. It's nice to have something a little more structured and get a sampling of the "official" courses I've pretty much been ignoring since the game came out of Early Access.

I was having a decent time, although I was winning pretty easily through the first two seasons, which made sense because the idea was that you were playing against club guys and then amateurs. But as soon as I went to the third season, the Pro-Am, which is supposedly a mix of Amateurs and Professionals, I played the first whole of the first event and saw that the leaderboard was jammed full of at least 10 players tied at -13, in a single round.

Needless to say, I don't think that should be happening. I'm sure it has something to do with the AI scoring scaling algorithm. Basically at this point I don't think there's much point in playing Season Mode any further. I understand the idea of rubber-necking a bit to make things more interesting, but at no point should there be 10+ players tied for 1st in the 50's. Especially in the 3rd of 5 tiers.

space-cash