Michigan courses

• 21 Replies

mnguy12000

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 05:18:51 PM »
yeah he did an amazing job,  all his course are good.  always a fav.  tag for me
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

Amoskodg

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »

I was at the OPEN in 96 as well.  That course is a beast.  Get to go back to Augusta in April for a practice round this year, pumped.  Has anyone created Augusta yet?  That would be a tough one

I get to go on Monday. My first time. I'm jacked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bluedemon1999

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »
Good for you, you will be amazed.  No sponsors, beers are like $3, sandwiches same.  Merchandise house is sick.  Just walking Augusta will wear you out.  The undulations are unreal, it's amazing how these guys break par.  Spend time on 16 to watch the players skip balls over the water.  That is a fun tradition, and they all do it during practice rounds.  Have fun and bring your camera.

The Headhunter

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »

I was at the OPEN in 96 as well.  That course is a beast.  Get to go back to Augusta in April for a practice round this year, pumped.  Has anyone created Augusta yet?  That would be a tough one

If you are bringing anything in such as a camera bag, it honestly has to be about as small as a child's lunchbox.  There is a box right as you walk up to the gate.  If your bag does not fit in it, they will make you check it at the gate to be picked up after you are done.  I wore my camera around my neck and left the camera bag in the car. 
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

Amoskodg

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:58 PM »

If you are bringing anything in such as a camera bag, it honestly has to be about as small as a child's lunchbox.  There is a box right as you walk up to the gate.  If your bag does not fit in it, they will make you check it at the gate to be picked up after you are done.  I wore my camera around my neck and left the camera bag in the car.

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
I intend to do the blue course at the university of Michigan by early 2016.  The mackenzie boomerang 2 level greens will be fun.  Arthur hills kind of butchered the course in a restoration, but it's still one of my favorites.

Bluedemon1999

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
If you are going to the practice round, just make sure to have a camera.  Not sure about the bag, but most cameras these days fit in your pocket.  Have fun, I hope the weather is good.

space-cash