Totally Unrealistic scores

• 29 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »
There is a Real Golf Tour out there and they play with all the aides off minus the putting camera. If you want some realistic scores check it out. I have to grind it out the break par.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

dlw1964

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »
Scores like that are BS. All I can say is that people are cheating the game somehow. Perhaps with modified controllers and advanced mathematical formulas.

My favorite course is Magnolia National. I'm a +1 handicap and have yet to break par on any of the four days. I noticed the other night on the Thursday course that the course record is -16!!!!! (Not sure about the other 3)

I'm sorry but I find that to be an absolute impossibilty on this course. There's no F'in way someone could shoot that low on that course without cheating. No way.
I shot that low on the ps4 & I didn't cheat.
Play my ghost ball.
Watch & learn how to play.

Duckfreak

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
Thanks ADX. I'm sure you are top 5% with a +8 hcp. 4 or 5 under sounds about right for a good round.

-16 is offensive.

If I didn't love the Masters more than the Super Bowl/Stanley Cup/World Series all put together, I wouldn't go near this course with a 10 foot pole.  :P :P :P

I'm not top 20% of players lol

Magnolia is one of the finest community created pieces of content for ANY video game ever.

You're gonna let the fact one person had a crazy good round ruin it?  why?  Is it because the "course record" is out of reach?  How does it change the fact the designer of this course created the most famous golf course in the world incredibly accurately and it plays differently than any other course in this game.

There have been guys shoot 30 on the back 9 at Augusta in REAL LIFE.  Doesn't diminish the course.

If +8 handicap isn't top 5% of total players of this game than this game has even more problems than I thought.  :-\

Anyways you must not have read my first post where I said Magnolia is my favorite course on this game. However if I didn't love the Masters and Augusta so much, I wouldn't want to punish myself playing those devilish greens. ( Thus, my 10 foot pole comment) Not until I was a much better player anyway. I think the recreation of this course is off the charts amazing and I wish there were more lifelike renditions of real courses on TGC.

Duckfreak

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 09:01:04 PM »
Scores like that are BS. All I can say is that people are cheating the game somehow. Perhaps with modified controllers and advanced mathematical formulas.

My favorite course is Magnolia National. I'm a +1 handicap and have yet to break par on any of the four days. I noticed the other night on the Thursday course that the course record is -16!!!!! (Not sure about the other 3)

I'm sorry but I find that to be an absolute impossibilty on this course. There's no F'in way someone could shoot that low on that course without cheating. No way.
Play my ghost ball.

So are you the -16 dlw1964?
Is your game name same as forum name?

anserman

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »
Thanks ADX. I'm sure you are top 5% with a +8 hcp. 4 or 5 under sounds about right for a good round.

-16 is offensive.

If I didn't love the Masters more than the Super Bowl/Stanley Cup/World Series all put together, I wouldn't go near this course with a 10 foot pole.  :P :P :P

I'm not top 20% of players lol

Magnolia is one of the finest community created pieces of content for ANY video game ever.

You're gonna let the fact one person had a crazy good round ruin it?  why?  Is it because the "course record" is out of reach?  How does it change the fact the designer of this course created the most famous golf course in the world incredibly accurately and it plays differently than any other course in this game.

There have been guys shoot 30 on the back 9 at Augusta in REAL LIFE.  Doesn't diminish the course.

If +8 handicap isn't top 5% of total players of this game than this game has even more problems than I thought.  :-\

Anyways you must not have read my first post where I said Magnolia is my favorite course on this game. However if I didn't love the Masters and Augusta so much, I wouldn't want to punish myself playing those devilish greens. ( Thus, my 10 foot pole comment) Not until I was a much better player anyway. I think the recreation of this course is off the charts amazing and I wish there were more lifelike renditions of real courses on TGC.

Sorry I thought you didn't wanna play it due to the low score.

DLW is amazing at the game just ask him

leslie.sangster

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 05:43:17 AM »
Wait for PGA Tour if you want a simpler game where you can score low,  all this game takes is practice it's taken me a while to shoot low scores but I'm getting there with practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnguy12000

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
as for the math, it is basically the same as it was in every video golf game when factoring distance.  not that hard to figure out. 
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

bigcat50

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 12:16:28 PM »
If you play with all the aids on you can shoot really low. I play on the the Realistic Golf Tour, with no aids on, and the scores are realistic, most people will not play this way because they say they cant read the greens without the grids. But after I played this way for several rounds, there is no way I could go back to the aids on, makes the game what it is supposed to be, realistic.

Chairman7w

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
(shrug) Just like real golf, man - I learned LONG ago not to care about (or even inquire) what other people shoot. 

I just enjoy the game for what it is.  In this case, I enjoy The Golf Club for what it is.  An awesome, gorgeous, fun Golf game that I'm lucky enough to play hundreds (hell, thousands) of amazing courses that people create.

I'm okay with not being as good as others at it.
"So I jump ship in Hong Kong, and I get on as a looper.  A jock, a caddy..."

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »

Play my ghost ball.

He is a very good player, in the top score of just about any course you play. When I first started, I would load his ghost ball with turn enabled and watch what he did. I was under the assumption (incorrectly)  that he and others "cheat" with "illegal" controllers. This is not the case. They just play smart, scramble incredibly well, putt lights out, and use superior course management skills. I learned a lot watching him (and others). Takes a little longer, but its an invaluable "lesson" to play turn enabled for a few rounds. Just my two cents, I learned a lot.
"We don't see that on our end"

anserman

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 12:29:44 AM »

Play my ghost ball.

He is a very good player, in the top score of just about any course you play. When I first started, I would load his ghost ball with turn enabled and watch what he did. I was under the assumption (incorrectly)  that he and others "cheat" with "illegal" controllers. This is not the case. They just play smart, scramble incredibly well, putt lights out, and use superior course management skills. I learned a lot watching him (and others). Takes a little longer, but its an invaluable "lesson" to play turn enabled for a few rounds. Just my two cents, I learned a lot.

no he used a hori and admitted as much

Duckfreak

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »
ADX,

By "hori" do you mean a modified controller in which the X (horizontal) axis is turned off making it impossible to make anything other than a dead straight golf shot?

dlw1964

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
Yes I own a hori but it's been in retirement since I join the tgc league back in December.
All of my rounds at Magnolia National were shot with my ps4 stock controller.

anserman

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 09:30:40 AM »
ADX,

By "hori" do you mean a modified controller in which the X (horizontal) axis is turned off making it impossible to make anything other than a dead straight golf shot?

yes

And DLW has since stopped using it which is great.

And his potential win this week proves he didn't need it to be a great player.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

Play my ghost ball.

no he used a hori and admitted as much

You are correct and I saw his admission and actually at first was pissed, but then admired him for being honest. It's his console, his game, anyone's right to use what they want. That was one of the reasons I actually chose his ghost balls and not other top  scorers. It didn't take long to see his shots were not always perfect in the cone. My point was really just that you can actually learn a lot by watching what the top players do. Doyely also has a series he streams and would think that would be very helpful to old and new players alike, looking to improve. Just make sure its set to turn enabled.
"We don't see that on our end"

space-cash