Adding rivals during tournaments causes you to revert back to round 1

• 6 Replies

Cally

• GroupMember
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:59:40 PM »
While playing the HB Suggested Pro Cup week 4 tournament this evening my friend and I both finished round 1. We were playing live together at the time. Unknowingly I started prior to him and since he was not showing up on my score card I added him through friends live. When I did I was placed back in round 1 and lost my previous score.

Since I just experienced this I'm sure you can find the course/tourney play data. I am on XBOX and my gamer tag is Cally

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:15 PM »
Good spot Cally. I'll get Bryan to take a look tomorrow. Thanks the info

HB_Bryan

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »
Heya Cally, just want to clarify some stuff while I look into this more.

I took a quick look at the scorecards from yesterday and found two scorecards from you on the HB Suggested tour:
    * The first scorecard shows you completed the 1st round in the event with a -4 (nice).
    * The second scorecard shows you finished the 1st hole of the 2nd round of the tour

Did you only play the two games on that tour yesterday? If so, then it doesn't look like your score was lost, but rather UI the might have incorrectly reported that you returned to the 1st round when you did in fact move to the 2nd round of the tour.

Also, did you get a pop-up asking you to confirm joining your friend? If joining a friend requires either loading a new course or starting a new tour then you should always get a pop-up asking you to confirm.  No popup means we just try and add your friend's scorecard to the existing game.

The Headhunter

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »
I was playing with Cally during those rounds.  We played Rd1 together, both showing on each other's scorecard.  I continued on to Rd 2 and he auto popped up on my scorecard as LIVE.  I was either hitting my approach to #1 or had just teed off on #2 when he asked me if I had started Rd 2 because I was not showing on his scorecard.  I saw him on my scorecard playing hole #2 of Rd 2.  Then he said he was going to manually add me to his scorecard.  That's when I heard him say something just screwed up and not long after that he just altogether disappeared from my scorecard.

My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
Hi Bryan,

I had started round 2, but when trying to add The Headhunter, I was placed back into round 1 and could only play against his ghost from that round.

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
Cally you probably chose HH from live friends then hit join his game which starts you over.....instead of going to change rivals and adding him as a rival

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
Mayhem you might be correct, in which case you should get a pop up telling you that you are about to leave this game (Round 2) and joining your friend (Round 1), but he was already in Round 2 from his comments above
I will keep an eye out on this and see if I can replicate it again

space-cash