"Majestic Royale Completed" please check the Course Discovery (Completed Only)

• 7 Replies

stonecomet

« on: March 24, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »
Hello all,

Majestic Royale  has moved to completed courses with 4 versions to play on and create tours. My appreciation goes out to those who took the time to play the original and provided feedback to help make it a better course. I'm sure there will still be some critics but I'm happy with how it came out in the end.

Thanks,

-Stone 8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:26:43 AM by StoneComet »

stonecomet

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »
 hi everyone,

Just an update for those interested in the development of this course.

I've begun reducing the sizes of the tee pads significantly for realism and I am in the process of play testing them for the best placement areas for better play-ability. I'm also starting to apply the principles of realistic course design that I have been developing and seemed to forget sometimes completely in the prototype. I'll also be applying some of the techniques I learned from watching Crazycanuck1985's "Course Design 101" series found on both YouTube and at TGCtours.com's Designers section under sub-section "Tips and Tricks" at least that's were I recall them being. I would recommend them to any up and coming designers.

I'm getting really close to releasing a test play-version. I'll post here when I do.

Thank you for your interest,

-StoneComet

pingzing2

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:01:47 AM »
 i replied to you a while ago and gave you  some tips and suggestions on improving this   course plus any future courses you make, so good to see you took some advice and watched crazycanucks videos,  also did you get reebdoogs 13 odd page tips as well on helping you improve. plus did you play some of the top designers courses and take some pictures and study them

Honest and open feedback is good and important and we realize we can improve in whatever we do, sometimes we cant see what others see and  its good to get others feedback and make improvements.

Did  you zero out all the fairways and start again,  make the sizes and shapes more realistic,  same for your bunkers and smooth them out around the edges and lower them as well and chage the shapes , also the greens as well change the sizes and shapes too.

Just trying to help  you mate, thats all,  i ask for Brutually honest feedback for my courses, my ego and feelings took a back step but i swallowed it took the advice and acted on it.

takes a bit of time to change your ways in designing but eventually you will get there.

Look seems you have turned a few off with your  many posts. i dont read alot of posts and not sure what was said.  i am not not interested in all the drama-  dont want to know so dont tell me,  so mate just relax stay calm and cool, and just try and work your way in here nice and slow, anyway  good luck with the new design of this course, will look forward to see  what your new design will look like

Stephen Down under

Courses

Maha Toka Golf Club
Tropic of Capricorn
Brookwater Pines
Springbrook Valley
Glenview Pines
Broken Hills GC
Chestnut Hollow
Autumn Valley Rise
Alpine Pass
pine forest creek

jack d and coke

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:36:19 AM »
I'll have a play and post my thoughts in the next day or so mate

stonecomet

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Hey all,

I always appreciate advice. Especially if given constructively.
     pingzing2; yes I took all your advice to heart and have done almost all of those and more. I can really design a realistic and decent course. Take a look at "Mohawk Valley Golf & Ski Center" it has some flaws but it is a better look at my design skills before I got carried away with this monster. Yes, I'm re-doing all the fairways and have made many changes with bunkers and hole design that I think you would approve of. Right now I'm in the process of reducing all of the tee pads to be much more realistic and fine tuning the tee positions. I'm about 4-5 day away from an Alpha play test model. I'm going to tweak it a few more times after that with help and make this a decent course in the long run. The basic layout is still there as I like that. Thank you for your interest.
     Jack d and coke; the only version out there right now is the rough draft and it's way out there although really it's playable, just awkward, larger than life and too much creative license so I will be interested in your comments. If you wait for the Alpha I can understand. It's always good to talk to someone about your designs.

Thanks for your interest,

-Stone :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:57:34 PM by StoneComet »

jack d and coke

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »

Jack d and coke; the only version out there right now is the rough draft and it's way out there although really it's playable, just awkward, larger than life and too much creative license so I will be interested in your comments. If you wait for the Alpha I can understand. It's always good to talk to someone about your designs.

Thanks for your interest,

I'll wait a few days then for your alpha and give some of my thoughts after that. I don't want to play it when it's not how you want it to be.

stonecomet

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 12:16:14 AM »
For those that may have been following the play test latest version "Beta Redux Majestic Royale" has been published. Please see the original post.

:)

stonecomet

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 01:26:01 AM »
Hey O,

Just a bump to let those that might be looking that the course is now in the Completed Only area.

See ya,

space-cash